sad

3wheelerdude

Talk less, Ride more!
A friend of mine tried to free a man from is blazing pick up truck earlier this summer. To this day he still sees the mans burning face screaming in his dreams.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Here's a shot of the fire. I remember seeing the guy taking pictures in the median. I made a conscious decision to not pull the camera out.

bilde

Attachments

• crash.gif
    crash.gif
    58.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

SuperJETT

Yeah, just knowing that's where a family just died, it's just respect for them and their families IMO to not take pictures.

I need to get this out of my head, it's all I've thought about today.

willycrumb

mmmm......beer.....
Me and a friend pulled a guy out of his rolled BMW on 395 after he fell asleep and ran us off the road. We both wanted to kick his arse initially when he told us he must have fell asleep. Luckily nobody was hurt is this one. I have seen the burned car/people scene many times on 395. It is famous for it. Been driving up and down that road couple times every year for 31 years. Had a few near misses in our familay van/trailer also. Glad you and your family are OK Jett.

tom21

havin fun

sorry but its with you now. you don't seem like the type to take life for granted but if you do at all this will definitely make you take stock. seen similar thing before as well. its just senseless. it won't really get better, it is what it is. it will fade a little with time. let it process is all you can do. get busy with something very engaging.

sorry, and glad it wasn't you.

my thoughts to the family involved.

ski4

gonzo
Yeah, just knowing that's where a family just died, it's just respect for them and their families IMO to not take pictures.

i agree fully. that was a respectful thing to do. props.

darin, it's good to think about it, honestly .
don't try to supress it . allow the natural greiving process to run it's course

there really is no way to sugar coat the horror that happened , you can use that tradgedy to make your family bonds stronger .

also, try to use it to your advantage .

use that incident as an expample with your children in the future when they get older and begin to drive with friends and on their own . keep it in your head as a back drop if you are ever on the road driving and are feeling drowsey

share this experience with family and friends alike to educate and protect the ones you love most.

Last edited:

Snackem

Danger Zone
A very good friend of mine is a volunteer EMT. I thought about doing the same thing for a long time. Probably three or four years now. I was almost convinced to sign up until this spring when I talked to him just after he'd come back from a double fatality accident. A car rolled over just North of town and the driver a 19 yr old girl died instantly. Her first cousin a 12 yr old boy survived the accident but died before they could get him out of the car. He drowned while the EMT's were trying to get him out of the car. The third passenger was fine, she did lose her brother and cousin, but other than a bruised shoulder she was untouched. Seeing that accident really shook him up, he's been to several hundred accidents and many fatalities but this one really hit home for him. I'm not sure if I could handle seeing something like that, or like the fire, first hand.

Speleopower

got a Superjet
I was a medic for awhile and saw enough carnage. I had to quit the job. To rough for me. Got to do "surgery" on someone who had gone through an airboat fan and helped pull people parts out of a smashed car that had hit a loaded and stopped dump truck. The car had to have been doing 80mph when it hit the loaded dump truck. I don't want to see that again. It's a mind screw for sure.

Best thing to do is forget what happened, live large, smile and have as much fun as possible.

Scott

As a firefighter I see this from time to time. Ill tell you that there is nothing that can disturb a person more than seeing and hearing a person being burned to death. You can hear the people in the cars screaming from a 1/2 mile away. You defiantly have to have a different mentality while on the job. Its part of the job and you have to treat every person as an object of work. If you think about it too much your going into the loony bin. Ill tell you there is no way I can sleep at night after something like this. I just turn on the TV and find something that takes my mind off the accident. Getting on scene and taking the few extra seconds to make sure your safety gear is secure and proper seems like an hour when the screams are louder than the sirens.

SuperJETT

Here's the final story.

Victims of fiery crash identified
pxl_trans.gif

The four young people killed in a fiery weekend crash on I-71 have been identified. All four had attended the same Nashville high school and died together Sunday night.

The official identification came from the coroner in Henry County and Kentucky State Police.

Two young men and two young women were headed back home after a trip to Ohio. All killed after being struck by a tractor trailer.

It was a fiery crash that tied up traffic on Interstate 71 in Henry County for for hours.

Witnesses say at about 8:45 Sunday night, the Chevrolet SUV traveling south near mile-marker 35 crossed the median.

"Once the vehicle was in the median, it rotated and went backwards onto the northbound lanes, and the Chevy was struck in the back. Then it was shoved into the median and burst into flames," said Kentucky State Police Trooper Chip Perry.

The coroner has identified the victims as 19-year old Jackson Harris, 18-year old Catlin Curry, 19-year old Ryan Williams and 20-year old Catlin Lee. All graduates of the East Literature Magnet High School in Nashville.
The principal of the school says they were all popular students, active in volunteer work at the school. They all became close friends while in the school band.

"Preliminary autopsy reports indicate that they all died as a result of multiple injuries sustained in an automobile crash, along with fire," said Henry County Coroner Jimmy Pollard.

For now, state police say there is nothing to indicate alcohol played a part in the crash, but they're still waiting for the toxicology reports.
Police say Jackson Harris was the driver of the SUV. Curry was riding in the front and Williams and Lee were in the back.

The coroner says the identification process wasn't easy.
"We actually identified two of them Monday and we knew of the two. And we had information who the other two were, but we didn't know for sure," said Pollard.

The driver of the tractor trailer was hauling a load of steel. He wasn't hurt in the crash

Emm

skank
I understand what you are going through Jett....

right after we moved to Florida my boss at the time witnessed something much worse (if that is possible). I was literally only 2-5 min in front of her....she had let me leave early and was trailing behind me on I-4.....some guy lost control and crossed the median into oncoming traffic...he wasn't wearing a seat belt and it somehow threw him out of the vehicle...unfortunately he was basically cut in half when it happened and his upper body landed in front of her car. She stopped and just sat there...was in shock.....someone else ran up and covered the poor guy with a sheet. She couldn't even talk.... She came in the next morning and was still shaking like crazy.....and obviously very upset....she told the owner what had happened and he acted like it wasn't a big deal :banghead: jerk! If that had been me I wouldn't have even thought to come into work.......

My prayers go out for the families of those young kids :sadwavey: and for you and your family for having to see it

Top Bottom