Safety Gear

M

Moto,292

Hey guys! My back round is from dirt bikes so i was wondering about safety gear. Does anybody wear a leatt or Knee braces? Also whats the best full face helmet? Dirt bike helmets would fill with water. Also dirt bike gloves or jet ski gloves? What about good quality boots or shoes?

vitaly

Анархия - мать порядка!
Well, this is a very new and interesting topic.
Can't wait for the responses myself...

Sospikey

Trying to get upside down
I'll go first then. Do a search.

What I wear is:
Downhill/BMX helmet
Wetsuit
Jetski gloves (MX works as well)
Side entry PDF
MX style knee/shin pads (I think downhill stuff would be even better)
NRS lace-up boots

M

Moto,292

Well thanks for a some info but a leatt would still be useful during racing. Also i knee brace are not very stylish but on a dirt bike they saved my knees for than once.

Jet pilot Race boots
Jet pilot short finger race gloves
DOT/snell aproved helmet. I use a sixsixone helmet
googles to keep the jet wash out of your eyes
PFD I like the neoprene zip and buckle jackets. Tighter fit. Nothing flapping around in the wind. Some also have neck support.

I suffered from a Tibia plateau fracture doin freestyle several years back. I do not consider it to be a weak knee so I do not wear a brace. If you question your knee I'd prolly suggest a brace.

OptimaRacing

Jet zoomers
This goes along with this post:

2010 Operation Racer Protect from OptimaRacing.com

OptimaRacing.com is on a mission to put quality helmets on every racers head for the 2010 season. For a limited time we are offering all of our helmets at a 20% discount to everyone! This offers our FLY Racing helmets to racers at a huge discount and hopefully will help everyone get a quality helmet for the 2010 season.

Simply use the coupon code "RacerProtect" when you checkout. Below is a direct link to the helmet options, be sure to look at all 3 pages:

http://optimaracing.com/index.php?cPath=24_33_69&&page=1

Kinetic Helmets: over $20.00 in savings!
Trophy Helmets: over $27.00 in savings!
F2 Helmets: over $50.00 in savings!
Formula Helmets: over $80.00 in savings!

All orders over $99 enjoy free shipping. Some colors/sizes may be on backorder so order early to ensure you get your first choice by spring. If you hae any questions please feel free to email me direct!

Thanks!
Mike@OptimaRacing.com

OptimaRacing

Jet zoomers
We carry the FLY pullover, impact style life jackets. These are coast guard approved and marked as such. Below is a link. I have all sizes of the black/red but I have very limited sizes of the blue/white. If you are interested in the black/red, email me and I will help you guys out with the price of one. Your going to need to save your money for entry fees! That's what OptimaRacing.com does, helps racers out!

http://optimaracing.com/index.php?cPath=24_33_61

Mike@OptimaRacing.com

Top Bottom