Surfriding Salt Water Protection

Seems like the main flaw is that it should not be touched often, as well as high pressure water wears it away...

So atv or bike application gets cut out of that sice it gets touched way too often, bottom of the hull is out cause i'd say when the ski is moving and water is flowing over the hull that could be considered high pressure?

Coating the inside of your engine bay would be mint, wouldnt have to worry about rusting. but then again when u go to work on it, chances are it will lose its effectivness.

Just my thinking.

Actually that's one of its major sell points is the abrasion resistance hence using it on a work boot etc. That's what it says on their site anyway.

Last edited:

MattyBoom

Amsoil Rep/Machine Shop
Actually that's one of its major sell points is the abrasion resistance hence using it on a work boot etc. That's what it says on their site anyway.

2:40 of the second video says shouldnt be handled excessively or with bare hands, and severe abrasion will result in performance loss... Seems impractical for anything that you have to touch with your hands

2:40 of the second video says shouldnt be handled excessively or with bare hands, and severe abrasion will result in performance loss... Seems impractical for anything that you have to touch with your hands

Yeah just missed that bit... Might have to wrench in surgical gloves lol. It must be fairly tough though as demonstration shows, even if you get 6 months out of it still worth it IMO.

Dega

Mike
I think I'm going to give it a try and spray the inside of my sxr engine bay and maybe the body.

Only thing that I'm thinking is I hear it leaves a white haze after you apply the product.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to give it a try and spray the inside of my sxr engine bay and maybe the body.

Only thing that I'm thinking is I hear it leaves a white haze after you apply the product.

wonder if you will notice anything if applied to the bottom of the sxr? more loose, faster? i dunno, but cool product

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
wonder if you will notice anything if applied to the bottom of the sxr? more loose, faster? i dunno, but cool product

I was thinking about something somewhat similar... Running a long rideplate on a shortened hull to protect the steering nozzle but apply this repellant to the rideplate to help loosen the back end of the ski. I imagine salt water would wear off the coating quickly especially when riding on a sandbar but it was just a thought.

Dega

Mike
I saw this on there PDF but I have no clue how it would hold up to salt water,

Salt fog: No visible corrosion after 1,000 hours of salt fog

I did see a vid on YouTube of a guy coated 1/2 a steel plate and left it in salt water for 5 days no rust on coated part but full rust on non, I have no clue if it really works tho

Last edited:

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
I saw this on there PDF but I have no clue how it would hold up to salt water,

Salt fog: No visible corrosion after 1,000 hours of salt fog

I did see a vid on YouTube of a guy coated 1/2 a steel plate and left it in salt water for 5 days no rust on coated part but full rust on non, I have no clue if it really works tho

Surf skis can get pounded pretty hard. Sitting still in salty water or getting fogged with salt doesn't compare to riding surf.

My cousin bought a quart to try. We are going to try it on some boots and gloves. My cousin also talk to let about longevity and durability. They said they can't claim anything yet but have had a piece in salt water for 8 months with no problems.

Top Bottom