FX-1 Sank my ski

Almost saw my FX go to the bottom of a 60 foot deep quarry on saturday. I was doing some bunny hops and the front of the hood came up. Im not 100% sure that I had latched it, but i doubt that I forgot. As there are companies making aftermarket latches, I guess that im not the first person it ever happaned to. Anyone else been there? Also how are the aftermarkwet latches? Whats the difference?

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
Almost saw my FX go to the bottom of a 60 foot deep quarry on saturday. I was doing some bunny hops and the front of the hood came up. Im not 100% sure that I had latched it, but i doubt that I forgot. As there are companies making aftermarket latches, I guess that im not the first person it ever happaned to. Anyone else been there? Also how are the aftermarkwet latches? Whats the difference?

What you need is something like this... This company makes them, but I have seen other company's also.

http://www.waterdawgkustomz.com/proddetail.php?prod=FX1FRTLAT

order the front hood latch from Mike at Northwet watercraft ( WETRACER on here ) its the same thing as WDK but it says wetracer and at least it will show up if you order it. He ships priority mail and I never had a problem doing business with him.

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
order the front hood latch from Mike at Northwet watercraft ( WETRACER on here ) its the same thing as WDK but it says wetracer and at least it will show up if you order it. He ships priority mail and I never had a problem doing business with him.

There you go. I knew someone else made them... OP, definitely order from Wetracer. I've also done business with him and have no problems. Don't buy anything from Waterdawg Kustomz directly.

I use jet maniacs. Cheap and simple to install. I can show you pics if you need. Ratchet straps are a must for all stand ups. I've seen way to many hoods come off. There's a funny video in "the fail thread" section that shows a RN sink in 3 seconds.

Top Bottom