Surfriding ScottS wide bond rail, -2, lowered tray SJ mods

WAB

salty nuts
This ski rides great with these new mods!! Its been beat on by lots of riders already and is holding up great.
I think the wider rail also made it feel like the ski had more 'pop' off the wave, even smaller ones.

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
Flatwater is fun, but friggin spendy depending on what you want to do. I have hit a wall with mine. More brapp needed along with serious weight loss. My bitch is fatt! Gotta say though Scotts boat looks nice with the wider rails.

Great surf mods but still way too heavy to be a flatwater boat.

I estimate my rail mod at 10 pounds in raw material . A lot will be trimmed , but I don't think half . Your looking at 5 pounds or more. It should be noted I used some 17 oz cloth where Scott used 12 . Roughly each layer was around 8 oz . Each layer consumed almost exactly 8 oz of resin so 16 oz total per layer . I never thought it would have taken as much . Agreed it is not a flat water mod

Tkmww

Tanner M.
Yeah i rode it and handles great! He is right it feels a lot lighter. And turns great with the -2. I want to do the -2 for sure during winter. Maybe the rails as well...we shall see. Great job again Scott! You the man!

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
how loose are your feet in the footholds now that you're an extra inch++ down

On mine I reinstalled after lowering the tray. I love the feel and it's definitely an improvement. Super fun ride. Mine is -5 on the back. But a lot of worth while work. Not trying to thread jack at all, just posting up some pics for others to look at. Mine is a flatwater set up. Looks to me like Scott has a sweet surf set up. Cheers fellas!

Attachments

• IMG_2259.jpg
    IMG_2259.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_2310.jpg
    IMG_2310.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_2337.jpg
    IMG_2337.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2342.jpg
    IMG_2342.jpg