///Scottys 2015 Hurricane + 750sxi Builds - One Post

Well after riding the kawis around for awile, you kinda get bored. There is only so much you can do on that heavy hull. And Superjets starting at $4-5k around here (if you can find one), I wanted to step up my game. Ive been riding since 2010, and yes I know its not that long compare to most of you guys....... Ive been following the freestyle world online, I went to IJSBA World Finals twice now and thought "i want that"

I Ended up with 2x 750SXI's from last season. I sold one and planned on using that money to start my build. I met all Nor Cal Hurricane Industries / The Ski Clinic guys at a freestyle ride in Hanford, CA last summer. They were all down to earth and knew what I wanted to build. They talked me into a 2014 Hurricane that was The owners personal ski. He ended up Painting it / Turfing / Graphics for a solid starting point. After that I needed to get the credit card out and make a "few" purchases..

10849292_1001278583233659_1868808784_o_zpsyfu58we0.jpg

This is what we were going for. I have a Red 2006 Silverado that it will pretty much be matching.

1_zpswf08fkkw.jpg

What it started out as, The owner sanded it down and primered it black. 2014 Carbon Hurricane - C1. Was used in competition for a little over 1 season.

IMG_8503_zpse7tgcsfx.jpg

45LBS I Believe. Very light

IMG_8505_zpso8tztoia.jpg

Base Coat

IMG_8509_zpsiqejmeyn.jpg

IMG_8510_zpsqsek22m2.jpg

IMG_8607_zpsrojnrwmf.jpg
IMG_8615_zps3uk0z3ic.jpg
IMG_8617_zpswgks5u49.jpg
IMG_8618_zpscdgsrcjq.jpg
IMG_8619_zpsr7ed8al6.jpg
IMG_8627_zpsio0e7dng.jpg

This is the Final product

IMG_8934_zpsv97uehcj.jpg

I took it home January 17th 2015, It took a few weeks for them to "refurbish it". It fit perfectly in my Silverado.

Now the really expensive part starts. For the next 4-5 months I will be collecting parts to get it going. Its my First Aftermarket Hull so I wanted to keep it pretty basic / entry Level, then hopefully work my way up If needed.

IMG_9500_zpsytp4cwd7.jpg

I bought a 144 Solas pump + Stainless Wear ring + freestyle cone

IMG_9647_zpsdagzavgl.jpg

Factory Pipe, Xscream waterbox + trigger, hooker 9/17 Impeller, SJ Gas Tank

IMG_0086_zpsakrkosq4.jpg

I Parted out a Running 96 Waveblaster, I got a 61x Engine + Ebox. I was planning on using the entire drivetrain, But i think this pump will bennefit me alot in the long run. I sold the blaster and some MISC parts from it.

I decided to have The Ski Clinic finish the assembly for me. I pretty much had all the major components including a complete Xscream Steering setup. I also Sold the stock SJ gas tank and Bought a smaller 2 GAL kart tank. I think that will help out with weight savings in the front of the ski. I also bought a Complete Thrust Pro 144 trim

IMG_0354_zpsnb7eunf4.jpg

IMG_0589_zpsgw0ipdqm.jpg

IMG_0301_zps8hm5p73x.jpg

This is when I dropped off the Hull at The Ski Clinic, they had a few other summer builds going on. They really know what they are doing, very friendly and professional. It was good to see other skis getting the same treatment as mine.

IMG_0609_zpsxbv3nbcx.jpg

The lake I ride at can be a very Pain in the AZZ sometimes, lake patrol out there are sticklers for Registered boats. I talked to a few people on and off the forum and helped me get my Hull registered.

It took me 3 trips to the DMV (since no one there knew what they are doing) But I finally got it registered. It cost me a little bit, but its well worth knowing that my ski is legitimate.

IMG_1059_zpspqsqnpqr.jpg

I drove my "Hooptie" 3 hours north to pick it up and bring it home. I forgot to mention I also had them install a Primer and 61x Lightned Flywheel (#Zero)

IMG_1062_zps8vfzofzg.jpg

Home Sweet Home

on to the Second Build, I have a Stock 750SXI that runs great, I didnt want to sell this one too. I decided to make them match. I started by removing all the decals

IMG_8299_zpsihqz2gx0.jpg

IMG_8305_zpswemlkqrq.jpg

IMG_8642_zpstticadxd.jpg

It looked to Plain with no decals / black pads. I have a local painter who takes care of me. I showed him a few progress pictures of the Hurricane, He said he can easily make them match.

I also had the Pads recovered with black Vinyl, and bought a new Turf kit

IMG_8641_zpsfamuejcq.jpg

IMG_8647_zpsqutyt9d8.jpg

They didnt look right togeather

IMG_8833_zpsihaxncnd.jpg

Pads back from Upholstery, and the little MISC parts painted

IMG_8806_zpsdgwu26ux.jpg

At the Paint Shop

IMG_8825_zpst9jmegjf.jpg

IMG_8826_zpsbsatydhq.jpg

I told him the Tray / Bottom of the ski wont need alot of attention, He smoothed and painted them anyways.

IMG_8824_zps447omgjp.jpg

IMG_8823_zpsrszc4o0y.jpg

IMG_8858_zpstrabq64s.jpg

How I got it back, Alot of the assembly work I would take care of. I really didnt want my painter to scratch it, Not to mention he doesent usually work on jetskis. Me and a few friends knocked it out in a few weeks

IMG_8857_zpso6gpdvff.jpg

IMG_8856_zpshesnqsdn.jpg
IMG_8832_zpsk3tiqpww.jpg

Well that's pretty much where im at right now, The 750 has been done for awhile. The hurricane I just picked up and I'm waiting to take it out for the first time myself.

I'm waiting on my painter to Pinstripe the CF Numbers on the side of the hull. I dropped it off today, He said it should be done tomorrow. I will try to make Tomorrow the first official ride :)

My start / stop switch is sticking. I just ordered a replacement today, OEM. Ive rode it about 4 times not and its pretty sick. I will try again next weekend to get some more ride time in.

Top Bottom