scupper w/ one way

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
Anyone have pics of their installed scupper tubes from the inside of the engine bulk head. Do you guys cut it close to flush with the bulkhead or are you leaving a 1/2" lip or so? I've got a hull with a previous scupper already cut in bulkhead and aft section.
I'm thinking of installing a one way in the middle of scupper tube, but was wondering if that was going to be too much of an impedance for passive water drainage? The one-way is a nice security blanket for the addage "scuppers sink skis." I don't plan on seeing salt water, but who knows if I get a wild hair and I sure don't want to cut the tray apart again.

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
ok I have an idea of what it looks like but is it just a portal for a pump or what?

It's a portal to another dimension. Kind of like "special 'shrooms."

Nah man, it's just a means to quickly drain the engine bay of water. It's a straight tube from bulkhead through the tray to the rear of the ski with a one-way type flapper on the exterior. Mixed feelings abound about whether they're a good or bad thing. Don't set still in waves if you've got one...some folks have had bad luck.

Top Bottom