Seadoo HX

Myself

manic mechanic
Here's another fun fact......my wife worked for a few years in a local factory, in shipping. On a couple different occasions they unboxed 'things' and peeled off "Made in *" stickers to replace with "Made in the USA", then reboxed to ship out. Totally against the law.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
My point on that was BRP never tried to hide the fact that their motors are made in Austria and their parts come from all over the planet , as I said it says where the part was made right on the package.

Just a quick flip through a box of parts Tom21 sent me and we has a stud made in Taiwan, rubber grommets made in Canada , an o-ring made in Italy and a hood shock made in the USA , it was like this from day one with BRP.

Myself

manic mechanic
Like you said earlier though.....it really doesn't matter. Most manufacturing facilities have the ability to make top quality products. Some choose not to, others just build what the customer told them to build. If the customer wants a container load of baby chicks (cheap cheap cheap), then that's what they make.

WFO Speedracer

Like you said earlier though.....it really doesn't matter. Most manufacturing facilities have the ability to make top quality products. Some choose not to, others just build what the customer told them to build. If the customer wants a container load of baby chicks (cheap cheap cheap), then that's what they make.
You are right if you really want to be enlightened look into Harley Davidson and where their Made in Merica motorcycle parts are made.

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
100% We had a company that if we went for a lower grade of material we could do it cheaper. We declined and never used them

Myself

manic mechanic
Back on topic.......I have a pretty nice '96 HX that I've been trying to put back together forever. Butterfly ported cases, ported cylinders, port matched intake, modified rotary valve, milled and re-squished head, lightened flywheel and PTO, Rossier pipe, Westcoast F/A, and an RFI large hub pump. It will tick 55mph.

WFO Speedracer

Back on topic.......I have a pretty nice '96 HX that I've been trying to put back together forever. Butterfly ported cases, ported cylinders, port matched intake, modified rotary valve, milled and re-squished head, lightened flywheel and PTO, Rossier pipe, Westcoast F/A, and an RFI large hub pump. It will tick 55mph.
Yep they weren't speed demons , kinda like a Waveblaste ll , to nose heavy to be super fast but they carve like a mofo.

Top Bottom