Other seadoo rxx vs gp1200r millenium edition

ProXR 440

visiting from Greenhulk
The GPR's have a few flaws but once corrected you will have the best ski you could ever wish for. I wouldn't trade mine for anything!

*The stock powervalve settup is junk. As mentioned already the stock valves will drop and take out a cylinder/piston if you don't install Waveater clips.
*The stock intake grates will break and throw you off violently even on a stock machine running in the low 60's and can do extensive damage to the pump. An R&D or Riva intake grate fixes this problem until you make it into the mid 70's then it is advised to buy a Stainless intake grate from Greenhulk.net/4tecperformance.com
*The pump tunnels are also weak and will crack and chip. There are a few companies that make a pump tunnel reinforcement kit or you can do it yourself with some fiberglass and proper resin for smc.
*The early GPR's had problems with the crank snout breaking off. The cranks never changed so the only reason for the newer ski's not having crank problems is the revised pump with longer driveshaft (keeps the ski hooked up and reduces vibration)

Go with the GPR and do the following mods-

-Waveater clips and RPM Couplers or buy a set of gas valves for $500 and be done with it!
-Aftermarket intake grate and rideplate
-Pump tunnel reinforcement
-Buy a complete pump and shafts out of an '05 or newer GPR and run a Dynafly prop
-Send the stock carbs, head, and an R&D rideplate to Island Racing and have them moded and settup the ski to run premix

Do that and you will have a very fun and reliable 70+mph ski

iptamenos

Flipping Around !!!
what about hp ?
one friend here in Greece runs in Greek championship with a xp 951 and with all the extra ,pipes,miller head,carbs,ported is about 200 hp
but in gp1200r if you ported and bore to 1300 with the triple pipes .....you create a f16

ProXR 440

visiting from Greenhulk
Just a little...

I just noticed you're in Greece so I'm not sure if you have any good local shops for having work done of if you can do alot yourself? How much are you looking to invest to have a fast ski? How fast do you want to go? Is the water where you ride usually calm or are you riding in the ocean?

I wouldn't waste money on having the 1200 cylinders ported or buying an aftermarket head. The 1300 cylinders from the newer ski's bolt right on and perform better and a stock milled head will be more reliable and perform great on pump fuel. (Not sure what fuel you have over there)

You can buy a complete 1300 top end for about the same price as it would cost to buy an aftermarket head and have the 12's ported.

ProXR 440

visiting from Greenhulk
Don't worry so much about HP numbers. The GPR hull is one of the best and most versitle hulls ever made. It can be settup for top speed runs or CC racing and anything in between in a matter of minutes by just adjusting ride plate and trim tab angles with washers between the plate and hull. It has been proven the GPR hull is one of the fastest and thats why many of the speed record holders use it and normally put sea-doo 4-tec motors in them and run 90+mph. There's even 1 guy who has converted his GP1300R into a surface drive propski and has run 113mph with that settup.

A friend of mine has a '00 GP1200r with Speedwerks tripple pipes, Speedwerks ported cylinders, Speedwerks 150psi head, and 48mm Novi carbs. His ski runs 78mph on gps with more of a handling settup than I have. We have lined up many times and we are dead even out of the hole up to about 65-70 then he starts pulling very slightly away from me. My ski is settup a little looser to get more speed but still hanldles very well. I'm running 75mph gps on my stock 1200 lower end, the cases have been ported, the Carbs were modded by Island Racing and the choke plates and oil injection were removed, stock oem non-ported 1300 cylinders with and oem 1300 head milled by Jim's performance, VF3's, and a stock single pipe exhaust. There's alot of little things done to mine as well that all add up.

I have raced many stock RXP 215hp ski's and beat them out of the hole and on top end. I've also raced the new RXP-X 255hp ski's and we're about even all the way from bottom to top. My ski probably has about 180-200HP The sea-doo's hull and pump are not as efficient as the GPR.

Top Bottom