Blaster Setting my new B1 up for the surf...newb

Hey guys, just picked up a 95 B1 completely unmolested. I couldn't wait to ride it so Saturday me and my buddy threw on the wetsuits and hit the river, now I know why its called a BLASTer. Just curious if I could get some suggestions. Right now I don't really have any plans on modding the engine but was thinking of going premix. &nbsp;I plan on riding majority of surf, what would you suggest I do as far as ride plate, grate, bars? Kind of lost with the blaster, I have always been a couch guy. Thanks<br><br><br>

Attachments

• IMG_6073.jpg
    IMG_6073.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_6071.jpg
    IMG_6071.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6067.jpg
    IMG_6067.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 96
Yeah get rid of the oil tank and switch it to premix. A nice scoop grate like a worx 201 would help out a lot and if you wanna ride surf keep the stock rideplate and D cut it. Any bars will work even like a set of renthal dirtbike bars. After that you will want to put a pipe on it to really make it fun to ride!!! That is what I suggest!!!

theiba

Can't get a ski stuck...
Where ya at?

Definitely go pre-mix. I run a riva groovy plate, and a worx 201. I'm pretty happy with the way it handles in the surf, and I want to do the quick steer mod this year. Power wise I've always been happy, but this year I'm throwing the b-pipe on for a little extra kick. They're such fun machines that you can have a lot of fun with a stock or near stock one.

Thanks guys. I got the oil pump block off but what are those rubber pieces that look like they cover bolt threads? Is there a template for the D cut? These bars are 7/8, right?

Located in Woodstown down in the sticks, how about yourself?

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
you can get a set of ATV/dirtbike adapters and run fat bars if you wish.

I really liked a wide set of pro tapers when I had my blaster. Made it way easier to side mount in the surf for me. The adapters added an inch or so of height as well which helped my back and my ride position.

I rode with footstraps and standing most of the time in the surf, so the stock positioning had me hunched over.

Here's what I had done to mine
http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/47021-94-Blaster-build

Last edited:
The rubber pieces are for where the hose on the oil tank goes into the carb. Not sure where to find a D cut template but like theiba I also run a worx 201 and riva groovy ride plate and I run in the surf and it works out fine, it is just more of a lake rideplate for carving hard!!! And I would recommend the quick steer mod it really helps out the handling!!!

Great info thanks. I found a jet dynamics plat for $120, is that good price? I couldnt believe the worx grate is around $200. But then again makes sense since these skis are over 15 yo. I also picked up a set of footholds. Cant wait to hit the water again this weekend!

theiba

Can't get a ski stuck...
Cool we will have to meet up at the shore one weekend.

Yeah man. The Brigantine guys ride a LOT, hell, they probably ride more in a week in the winter then I do in a month in the summer. So we'll definitely have to head their way and experience this amazing beach they have they keep telling us about. A lot of guys also ride out of Corsons pretty frequently which I'm definitely up for a lot since it's quite a bit closer then Brigantine.

Hopefully with this mild winter we've been having, it will be a killer summer and the water will be warm way early in the season.

Yeah man. The Brigantine guys ride a LOT, hell, they probably ride more in a week in the winter then I do in a month in the summer. So we'll definitely have to head their way and experience this amazing beach they have they keep telling us about. A lot of guys also ride out of Corsons pretty frequently which I'm definitely up for a lot since it's quite a bit closer then Brigantine.

Hopefully with this mild winter we've been having, it will be a killer summer and the water will be warm way early in the season.

Corsons is good, have taken my couch and js there a dew times but gets very crowded. Also the north side of OC has some good spots. Brigatine would be cool i know i can get my hands on 4x4 beach pass too.

Corsons isnt bad if you get there in the morning before 10 am. theres a good groups of guys that hang there pretty much all season. I'm there pretty much every weekend. just look for the orange and black blaster.

you can get a set of ATV/dirtbike adapters and run fat bars if you wish.

I really liked a wide set of pro tapers when I had my blaster. Made it way easier to side mount in the surf for me. The adapters added an inch or so of height as well which helped my back and my ride position.

I rode with footstraps and standing most of the time in the surf, so the stock positioning had me hunched over.

Here's what I had done to mine
http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/47021-94-Blaster-build

You still riding the Blaster or did you move to SJ's full time?

Good to see another B1 surf rider!

BILGE PUMP!!! and dual cooling so that if one clogs with...sand...you still have cooling to the motor, also a pipe and water bypass, less load in the exhaust will get the motor to rev faster and make your ski tweakier for surf, you want bottom end power

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
You still riding the Blaster or did you move to SJ's full time?

Good to see another B1 surf rider!

Nah, sold it to fund my fixed steer square build. That was the replacement. The blaster was only fun for me on the big wave days since I didn't do any hull mods. Felt too big and heavy compared to my superjet.

I can't wait to try steves with the back shortened and the carterB rocker nose though. Should make the ski much more flickable. After watching you ripping on a shortened blaster at wavedaze and daytona I'm itching to try one thats set up like that.

here's the best day of blaster riding I've ever had. Unfortunately its taken before I learned how to get upside down. I'd love to try and roll one now that I know how.

[video=vimeo;7692141]http://vimeo.com/7692141[/video]

EXPERIMENTAL

PROTOTYPES WELCOMED
an easy template for cutting the D out of your stock plate is to use a paint can lid, lay it half on in the middle at the back of your plate, mark or etch, and start grinding away. That's how i did it with my SJ and i couldn't be happier

djraider700

lol wut?
an easy template for cutting the D out of your stock plate is to use a paint can lid, lay it half on in the middle at the back of your plate, mark or etch, and start grinding away. That's how i did it with my SJ and i couldn't be happier

I used a cereal bowl as a template for my d cut haha. But yeah man, Corsons or Brigantine are the places to go for surf in South Jersey. Corsons does get crowded and Brigantine has a $175 annual 4x4 beach pass. I ride Corsons. Just get there early for a good parking spot.

Hurricane season is fun too. A bunch of us sneaked onto the islands after they closed them off for Hurricane Irene. Had a blast!

Last edited:
Top Bottom