Blaster Setting my new B1 up for the surf...newb

theiba

Can't get a ski stuck...
Just get there early for a good parking spot.

Yeah, a few of us talked about this before.

corsons.JPG

The red is where I park and launch from. If you actually go to google and zoom in, I'm like 90% sure that's my white F250 with the double trailer there on the south side lol. There's tons of space there, and enough for somewhere around 15-20 trucks/trailers. If it's packed, I'll drag my trailer off to the side to make more room. I can't remember ever having seen that place fill up even on and around July 4th.

Thanks for the great suggestion, I feel I'm off to a good start. I got a good deal on a JD ride plate, so I threw that on while i'm cutting the D. Picked up the b/o plate. Got my set of footholds from a guy on pwctoday, just need some turf for them. Also, have a set of bars on the way. Just waiting to see what I'm going to do for a grate, I see XR is coming out with one for the blaster shortly so may see the reviews from that b4 getting the worx. Read up on the quick steer mod and seems effective and not too tough.

As far as bilges go, can you install that bracket and bilge with the motor and pipe in, seems very tight? Also, does anyone run the automatic PWC bilge pump (just curious because I have that on my couch)?

I tried searching but couldn't find any threads on installing a pisser with a factory set-up, can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
If you run a bilge on the blaster put it in the back of the hull beneath the battery tray. The bulkhead allows most of the water back there.

I ran pwcdoctor drain plugs on mine in the factory yamaha drain plugs and they worked well.

I havent installed a bildge on mine, I just run the stock bildge that it came with. It works very well even if I am spending alot of time tipped over, I always open it up and it is dry. Try it and you may not need a bildge!!!(more money to spend on other stuff if you don't) As far as the quick steer I only did the pump part of it moving the steering cable bolt closer to the pump and it help out a lot and only took about 5 minutes.

a bilge will cost 50$, make your own bracket. you can buy a rule automatic bilge and your set. water sloshing around in a blaster makes it hard to mount especially in surf if you cant side mount also, 50 or several hundred to rebuild the top end yourself? it is best to be prepared the siphon bilge only clears water when there is suction from the pump so i always works assuming your moving, a pump works as long as there is life in the battery.

Cool, ill have to pick one of them plugs up. Do they just screw in the current holes?

Also can someone show me or help me route a pisser on my factory setup. Tried searching but not much success. Thanks

Yes they replace your factory drain plugs, screw in and forget. As for a hose setup with a Factory Pipe, I run the main cooling line into the exhaust manifold on the engine, then from the rear outlet on the head to the upper part of the manifold, the bolt on part, not engine mounted manifold. Then the outlet under the manifold where the exhaust coupler is to the exhaust stinger add a Tee in there, go inline right to the pisser. Off the tee to the stinger with a jet works flow valve in line to the stinger. There are a whole bunch of pics and diagrams with this info. Look under the "Tech FAQ" off the main forum page. http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/1667-B-pipe-cooling-routing-water-lines Here's a link right to it

Yes they replace your factory drain plugs, screw in and forget. As for a hose setup with a Factory Pipe, I run the main cooling line into the exhaust manifold on the engine, then from the rear outlet on the head to the upper part of the manifold, the bolt on part, not engine mounted manifold. Then the outlet under the manifold where the exhaust coupler is to the exhaust stinger add a Tee in there, go inline right to the pisser. Off the tee to the stinger with a jet works flow valve in line to the stinger. There are a whole bunch of pics and diagrams with this info. Look under the "Tech FAQ" off the main forum page. http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/1667-B-pipe-cooling-routing-water-lines Here's a link right to it

Excellent, didn't even think of searching that section. Thanks!

My bad I should have used the word 'Stock' instead. It's all original ;)

Last edited:
rocker nose kit :) in stock
IMG_2990.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

theiba

Can't get a ski stuck...
Ok so you can just drill a hole in the the head, tap it and run the pisser from that?

Shoot ntrsspray a pm, good dude, he's done quite a few of them like that from what I understand and my motor has had no issues. I'm sure he can set you up with the details of it.

Yea i saw that. I was trying to think how that would effect that. I mean essentially if u put an extra fitting in the head it would be the same as teeing the line to the exhaust. Its going to be less water flow to the exhaust either way, right?

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
It all depends on your riding style and how aggressive your riding style is but for surf: short ride plate, scoop grate, a lot of quick steer, a low/short seat, pitbike bars, foot straps, bilge pumps and versiplug/scupper, rear through-hull exhaust outlet, tow loops, rockered nose and chopped back, and of corse a lot of braap!

Last edited:
Top Bottom