Blaster Setting my new B1 up for the surf...newb

CJ407

YamaBlaster
It all depends on your riding style and how aggressive your riding style is but for surf: short ride plate, scoop grate, a lot of quick steer, a low/short seat, pitbike bars, foot straps, bilge pumps and versiplug/scupper, rear through-hull exhaust outlet, tow loops, rockered nose and chopped back, and of corse a lot of braap!

x2

Well I am getting a little further on the progress of this ski. Got my foot holds installed, bars are on, did the D cut to my stock plate and picked up a JD, and did the oil block off. I also sprung and got an R&D exhaust from some one on pwctoday, just waiting for it to come in. Couple questions still...

What premix ration do you guys run? Also anyone have any idea on a starting point for carb settings for the pipe? And where can I find one of the rear exhausts?

Thanks for the help, been riding almost every weekend since I picked this baby up soo much fun!

Last edited:

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
40:1 for me too
I'm not sure if Riva still makes their rear exhaust kit but I have it on one of my B1s and my other B1 has a custom/budget rear exhaust from Home Depot using PVC pipe, hose clamps, and 5200
I've seen another company selling a rear exhaust kit on here, I think it's CEMotorsports...

Last edited:

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
It prevents the pump from cavitating when landing in the water while jumping waves since the factory exhaust dumps in the pump cavity of the hull

Ok so installing the R&D pipe and I am trying to figure out how to run this cooling. Single line from pump to bottom of manifold. Out of Stock head to where? Bottom or top of the curved portions of pipe?

Top Bottom