setup bilge for freestyle

OK well i wanted peoples thoughts, Im sure this has been asked but im sure you wouldn't mind repeating yourselves..

Ok so im sorting out my bilges in my x2, have been busy fitting a 750 wz plenty of mods in it, I ride surf mainly these are what i see my options to be.

one electronic + the standard mechanical (no duel cooling)
2x electrics on the same switch (wz duel cooling)
2x electric on separate switch (wz duel cooling)

When you run twin electric bilges would it be wise to have one running full time?? and the other on a seperate switch for when you stab etc?? Can the battery support one running fulltime or both sometimes??

also like to know if its worth running twin cooling?? thanks guys. J

The Penguin

triple secret probation
on one of my skis, I have a Rule 25D (standard 500 gph pump) and a 25S (automatic 500 gph pump)

on the other, I have 2 25D pumps.

on both skis each bilge pump is wired separately with it's own switch and fuse. If one pump goes out, I can remove and replace it without messing with the other pump.

The Penguin

triple secret probation
Ok so i think i will run 2 seperate switchs with two bilges (prob keep one on flat out).... use the mechnical bilge line through the hull to run twin cooling.. cheers guys

So you all rememved you mech bilge?
correct. neither of my skis uses a the siphon bilge and both run dual cooling.

SXRguyinMA

Life's a beach
you must have a crappy one then. my wamiltons one doesnt leak at all. I leave my ski in the water all day when I go riding, and it never leaks, even after sitting for a couple hours

Penken

whoomp there it is!
the main problem for scruppers. (he said he rides surf)

when the ski turns upsidedown the scrupper lets air out which fills the bilge with water fast = sinking the ski. when in flat water you can turn your ski right side up pretty fast. but if you loose your ski in surf. you will have to swim for a while.

j

can you buy twin alloy bilge pump brackets, or will i need to make one? J

another question, when running twin bilges with separate switch can you T piece the outlet?? or will the water flow back into the hull if you only have one switch on?

Last edited:
Top Bottom