Super Jet shims and my pump!!! ???????/

i had removed my pump for paint and i didnt check how my my shims back into place, it was my first time taking the pump off and i didnt even realize it had shims, there are 5 shims which means one gets two and the other 3, how can i tell where they go? the off chance i make a mistake and putting them on what is the consiquence?
i would like to put the pump back on today and finish it, btw i dont know if this matters but its a 1990 sj. thanks

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Not that it helps you out now but my 07 SJ hull came with the shim values marked on the hull for future reference. Little things like shims values and jetting specs really need to be recorded somewhere.

Poizen

Mical
Site Supporter
If it's a stock superjet

Look on the hull underneath by the rail at the back

They Mark it with a permanent marker mine has 0 by each bolt so I dont need shims

Yours should be like 2-------3 inline with the bolts

well i just got done putting it all back together. i started it and to me it seems to be vibrating a little too much, idk if it has to do with the pump, also a slight grinding from the pump, idk if its the prop or just maybe its my imagination playing tricks on me, i havent ran it in a while, if my pump is not perfectly alligned what damage will that do?

Byeai

"Cheetos-Man"
yank motor and midshaft is correct way so u can save ur self a driveshaft and midshaft from stripping the splines

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

The motor and mid shaft were the only thing that stayed in. I checked and its pretty centered. I might have to get a shops opinion. I really don't wanna mess any of that up

Byeai

"Cheetos-Man"
just yank the motor and midshaft out and center the shaft and make sure u remember the shims on motor dont take that long hour and half tops

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom