SHoes or no Shoes

P

PancakePete

I am so glad most on here are saying shoes.. :hail:

Thank you all for being smart...

I almost lost my foot when stepping on a rusty nail in the bay...
turns out it hit the bones in my foot instead of pushing threw the top of my foot.... after the hospital and a surgery that left my foot with a big wide open whole that had to be packed twice daily.. and the nerve endings sticking out... Let me tell you.. I WILL NEVER NOT WEAR SHOES !!!!!!

besides the 3 years of planters warts I had and 3 surgeries to get rid of those. Doctors say you get them from other people from barefoot on the beach. that was almost as bad.. I am so thankful i am over all that crap.

But you can get many many foot fungi from the beach.. down by the water not as bad. but going across the beach... GOOD LUCK without shoes.

Here in NJ... i have seen more garbage, needles, glass, nails, crap on the beach then at the damn recycle center.

Basically what i am trying to say is... WEAR SHOES ! :rant:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the way it feels without shoes, but I got a pair of used asics off fleabay for $25 shipped so Im gonna try em. I hate glass and sharp rocks. If your in holds much it would be better on your feet to have some shoes on.

I too have cottonmouths in my area, I posted my battles with them here http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/46344. I havent had one chase me on a ski, but they will come after you. They are the MOST agressive snake by far!

ive never worn shoes but the only place ive ridden is my lake. Aside from blisters i have nothing that bothers my feet. i launch off my dock nd never touch the bottom. but if i were in the ocean/shallow water or had holds i would get something atleast.
which reminds me where do you guys get helmets and what kind are they? i havent searched lately but im guessing motocross helmets??

vitaly

Анархия - мать порядка!
Shoes (or full foot fins) and gloves whenever I touch the water.
Disregard this post if you are a freshwater bass angler.

sxi steve

Life's short, have fun.
Shoes! I wear wrestling shoes and I bought a pair of Cabelas 2mm neopreene socks ($10-12). It's cozier/warner and it prevents the dirt, sand from getting in!

---

NateTheGreatCK

615 Rider
cool? you had to rebuild b4 you rode? haha

thats awesome dude
send me some pics of your ski and you riding it haha

umm im not sure i need to get the money and all
and i have to buy my own car so im trying to save for both
the kid that lives close to me got 3rd in amateur freestyle nationals

this is the ski that im looking at
he lives like 10 min from me
http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/39825