Super Jet shortened pole

yes i searched and searched some more but could not find pics to justify my question and before i glue this down i wana make sure. i cut my pole 3 inches and cleaned out that piece really well but when i put it on my ski its just about hiting on the top right side of the hood (closest to rear of ski )and the left has a huge gap so my question is is it normal for the poles not to be straight on the hood just fall into the grove or should it have the same distance on both sides all the way dont remember how it was when i pulled off

Attachments

• DSC09714.jpg
    DSC09714.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC09715.jpg
    DSC09715.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 28
Some poles sit a tiny bit off, but not enough to hit...at least that I am aware. When shortening it's important to get it lined up as centered as possible before epoxying it together. I got lucky when I shortened a pole. Everything fit together nicely and my cut was straight and it almost centered perfectly. I have heard of people shortening and having it hit the hood, so they needed to make some adjustments to the angle of the cut to make it centered.

I would just try to make sure your cut is square, I cut mine 4" and didn't run into any problems. Did you have the pole in the bracket when you cut it?

yes mad my line 1 5/8 of a inch from bracket all the way around will take a belt sander to it and hopefully problem solved what did yall use to glue back together i heard jb weld but im thinking some epoxy thanks for the help

mightymighty2stroke

I'd rather be on the lake
Mine is stock and it is really off. I'll snap a pic tomorrow if I think about it, but it is tight enough that it has actually rubbed the paint on one side. The funny thing is I never noticed it in a year of owning it until my buddy pointed it out...and now it drives me nuts! I'm not the first owner of this ski so I have no idea if it's always been like that or had been tweaked before on a bad landing/etc.

I used epoxy resin with some thickener added and stainless nuts/bolts/washers. I even think they were m6 like mentioned above.

Last edited:
Top Bottom