300/440/550 Shortening hand pole?

So today I was trying to get through the chop and the darn thing is porpoising constantly, even if I learn waaay forward. I'm leaning so far forward I'm hitting my kill button constantly with my hip which is really annoying. I finally got on my knees and aid down over the bars with my arm reaching for the gas cap so I could get on a nice plane and skip over all the chop and get where I was trying to go (from Ft. Desoto East Beach, back to the skyway).

So I'm convinced I am just way too heavy to keep my JS-440 on a plane. Solution 1) Lose weight. Ok I'll start tomorrow but in the meantime 2) Shorten the pole.

Anyone succeed at shortening a JS pole (without making one from aluminum.. something I am not interested in)?

Thanks

Actually it looks like I already have a PJS extended ride plate, it extends just over an inch from the back of the hull.

I'll try shimming it. Will stainless steel washers work for this?

Been riding about 3 times a week for 4 weeks :D I shimmed it with two washers on each side and it was SOOOOOO much better today. Was able to get some speed and actually time jumping waves today, where before I was porpoising so much it was complete chaos in a set.

Today I had some sort of starter issue... would do fast clicks like CLAKAAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAK when trying to start after riding for awhile. Did a LONG swim in, had to get a ride across the bay to get my truck so I could get my jet ski, and the damn thing started when I got back. So I rode for another 15 minutes and fell... got up to start and CLAKAKAKAKAK again. My guess is that the battery is not charging... and is possibly running the ignition circuit... so after riding for awhile it drains and does not have enough juice to start. After sitting for awhile it recovers, starts, but only a few times before it's dead again from riding...

Today I started with a fully charged battery, rode for about an hour, fell once, and same issue.

Pretty sure it's a charging issue. I got video today so I'll post that in a little while.

JT_Freeride

John Tetenes @Jtetenes
Sounds like a bad ground. Check all battery cables and make sure they are clean and tight. Also being that you are new the more time you spend riding it the better you will be and notice that the porpoising will go away. Also you said you need to lose weight? And that can help a lot.

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
Your starter solenoid could be going, or you could just have a loose wire like dirty said. When my 650sx would do that one time it was the solenoid, and the other my positive battery wire was a little loose on the battery terminal from using a phillips instead of the 10mm to tighten it.

Your starter solenoid could be going, or you could just have a loose wire like dirty said. When my 650sx would do that one time it was the solenoid, and the other my positive battery wire was a little loose on the battery terminal from using a phillips instead of the 10mm to tighten it.

Oh right I'll short the solenoid terminals first, maybe it's just the solenoid. Thanks

JT_Freeride

John Tetenes @Jtetenes
I knew it. Now go have fun. The more tray time the easier it gets. Here's a tip. I have a js550 with a 650 in it with all the goodies. But no sponsons on the side so for me to reach too speed I need to put one foot up against the bulkhead and one in the back and lean as far back as I can and crouch down in order to keep it from porpoising at full speed which is 50 mph. These hulls if not love to porpoise

Top Bottom