Should X-H2O have a Sit-Down Section?

Would you like to see a sit-down section on this site?

• Yes, I would like a sit-down section.

Votes: 80 67.8%
  • No, I would not like a sit-down section.

Votes: 38 32.2%

• Total voters
So I figured I would start a poll to see exactly what everyone thought about having a sitdown section on this forum. I really don't want this to turn into a huge fight like the last poll so lets share your opinions, but be respectful about it.

Personally I vote:
YES

There are guys like Javier that have joined this site in the past couple days after the recent problems over at PWCToday. I think we need to welcome them here no matter what kind of ski they ride. They stood up against the wrong things that were happening over there and were kicked off because of that.

By us turning them away just because they ride a sit-down is just as bad as what was done to them at PWCToday.

I completely agree that this is a stand-up orientated site and thats what I love about it. I own a superjet and blaster and personally I don't enjoy riding sit-downs, but that doesn't mean I have anything against sit-down riders.

If we designate a particular section of this site to sit-downs it will allow sit-down riders to feel apart of the site and if the die-hard standup riders dont want to see any sit-down threads they don't have to.

I think this is a GREAT opportunity for this site to grow in a very positive way. :woot:

MILF

aka Kathy
So I figured I would start a poll to see exactly what everyone thought about having a sitdown section on this forum. I really don't want this to turn into a huge fight like the last poll so lets share your opinions, but be respectful about it.

Personally I vote:
YES

There are guys like Javier that have joined this site in the past couple days after the recent problems over at PWCToday. I think we need to welcome them here no matter what kind of ski they ride. They stood up against the wrong things that were happening over there and were kicked off because of that.

By us turning them away just because they ride a sit-down is just as bad as what was done to them at PWCToday.

I completely agree that this is a stand-up orientated site and thats what I love about it. I own a superjet and blaster and personally I don't enjoy riding sit-downs, but that doesn't mean I have anything against sit-down riders.

If we designate a particular section of this site to sit-downs it will allow sit-down riders to feel apart of the site and if the die-hard standup riders dont want to see any sit-down threads they don't have to.

I think this is a GREAT opportunity for this site to grow in a very positive way. :woot:

Very Well Said..... Thank you! Of course I said yes - I love them both!!!!!

Last edited:

butti

lone wolf
we need a blaster section too!!!

i say we also add a seadoo section just to aggeravate sfl:grumble: :biggrin:

i vote yes for the sitdown section!

Let me clarify something...

This sit-down section would be for sit-down questions like SFL likes to say "How do I wax my RXP?" questions.

It doesn't mean that just because you are a sit-down rider that this sit-down section would be the only section you should post it.

F

Freestyleriverrat

I like not having all the couch guys on this site :biggrin: But we are a small community.......if all the couch riders registered as such and had a :stupid: guy next to their signiture it would be great :haha:

michael950

for me to POOP on!
Here is my take:

Have a Runabout section that will act as a "sanctuary", they can move over here and post in peace w/o fear of the Ghestapo editing, deleting, and banning them.

By keeping it separate they have no worries about the "sit to ski" and "Couchers suck" mentality. Any talk like that in those forums and the member gets an infraction. After so many infractions, a ban results. Also, if a runabout member posts about runabouts in the general forums they are referred to the runabout forums by members. No agnst, no agression. One post and then ignore it. If the members stick to this, then no worries about "which ski: RXP or FXHO"?

However, in the Freeride section its a mix and mingle. After all, its all about the people.

Last edited:
Here is my take:

Have a Runabout section that will act as a "sanctuary", they can move over here and post in peace w/o fear of the Ghestapo editing, deleting, and banning them.

By keeping it separate they have no worries about the "sit to ski" and "Couchers suck" mentality. Any talk like that in those forums and the member gets an infraction. After so many infractions, a ban results.

However, in the Freeride section its a mix and mingle. After all, its all about the people.

I completely agree.

michael950

for me to POOP on!
Oh, yeah. Forums would be as such:

Runabouts:
-General
-Racing
-Tech
-Misc

Market Place
-For sale: Runabouts
-Wanted: Runabouts

Maybe add Vintage and Sport forums (blaster and HX).

The Penguin

triple secret probation
I think a sitdown/runabout forum would be fine (but just one)

there are PLENTY of other forums on the net for sit-downs, but none for s/u

if new couch forums are added all willy-nilly all that's gonna happen is to turn this place into the PWCT of days gone by.

guiness92

▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
I absolutely think we should have a sitdown section. After all isnt this site for the riders by the riders? This site will always be stand up oriented, but couch riders are riders too. I also get tired of seeing the "just waxed the honda" threads, but isnt it simple enough to just not view or respond to those?

And if we do add a couch section, I think sfl should be moderator of it and if he gets out of line make a permanent ban. Kind of an anger management course lol.

Top Bottom