Should X-H2O have a Sit-Down Section?

Would you like to see a sit-down section on this site?

• Yes, I would like a sit-down section.

Votes: 80 67.8%
  • No, I would not like a sit-down section.

Votes: 38 32.2%

• Total voters

SuziQ

Banned
Maybe a newcomer's perspective might be insightful (long story, but will attempt to be brief). I like the water and like to ski. I didn't even know what a couch was (and I own one, lol) until just prior to the Auggie meet. I requested/received an invite for that meet along with a link to the thread at H20. After reading the thread, I have to admit I was rather intimidated to show up with my "couch" (all rather amusing at the time). I was told to stay on the outside and help with filming. It all worked out well, and I am happy for it since I met some really cool people having a blast at something new to me. Hence, I bought the blaster, and next I will buy a standup. I will keep them all for a variety of riding and learning (wanna learn to sink my big Doo like Butti did with it)!:bigeyes: Wanna learn to barrel role my blaster (in the air and not under a wave like last time).:biggrin: I'll get there eventually with everyone's help. My point is, nobody gets a chance to experience things if you shut them out.

I am the membership chair for a "couch" club. Some members are very interested in attending and watching one of the freestyle meets. I am forced to explain to them the two don't mix well on the water. I have to admit, I was totally clueless where I should be out there with everyone, and luckily I had a kind person referring me that kept an eye on me. I understand and appreciate the difference now. There is a difference, in general, on and out of the water in the two groups, but I'm sure it doesn't mean everyone can't be nice to one another sharing the same general love. A section for blaster would be welcomed by me. I have had the hardest time trying to pick through all just to find examples of blasters to help me choose designs/paint. I'm sure there are more techy reasons that I am clueless on at this point. A section dedicated to two and three seaters probably wouldn't be a bad idea...I'm sure the "couch-hater" comments would keep many within their respective threads for the most part...like I said, it sure intimidated me. It's a lot, but it is all I have to offer the discussion.

F

Freestyleriverrat

I like not having all the couch guys on this site :biggrin: But we are a small community.......if all the couch riders registered as such and had a :stupid: guy next to their signiture it would be great :haha:

In all seriousness, we are a small community and we all need to be supportive of one anouther. No, I don't like sit downs but those guys can be really helpful information wise. blasters and X2's are sweet and are technically sit down skis. I think if you push the limit of your boat (performance wise or freestyle riding) X-H2O is the place for you. After all some couch guys are freestyle's biggest suporters/fans

i like how things are for me now. for my blaster and sj topics here g-crew topics pwctoday and gpr topics greenhulk and riva forums

im not pro standup either i have a sj, 2 blasters and a gp1200r. i ride blasters the most
but keeping this a mostly standup forum we dont have to deal with stupid questions like how fast is it and comments do they still make those

just my .02

SuziQ

Banned
how about a homo section?? then all the sit down guys can hang out there.... haha j/k

:haha: personally, I love all the "hate"-smack back and forth...it's a riot...providing nobody is seriously ugly for real! But, I sure hope you aren't referring to the blaster riders as "sit-down". I hear everyone is freakin over my being able to side step onto it, but it is quite different from the luxury of my "couch". Besides that, I don't really sit on it anyway, I stand.:woot:

D Slicker

Durham, dont forget it
In all seriousness, we are a small community and we all need to be supportive of one anouther. No, I don't like sit downs but those guys can be really helpful information wise. blasters and X2's are sweet and are technically sit down skis. I think if you push the limit of your boat (performance wise or freestyle riding) X-H2O is the place for you. After all some couch guys are freestyle's biggest suporters/fans

I agree with Rat. Yes we should, It shoud be pro-sport and not matter what we ride. Yes I ride stand-ups and perfer them. Some people cant and dont, it doesnt make them bad people.

I believe that any positive growth on this site is great for everyone.

Just think... When a couch member's engine blows he will know of great mechanics like Paul at Lehr Performance, Chucky at Team Scream, etc. so he doesn't have to buy some remanufactured POS.

I know a lot of people like how x-h2o is a small community of stand-up riders, but with positive growth everyone will benefit and most of all the sport will benefit.

Moondance

Just plain me....
:haha: personally, I love all the "hate"-smack back and forth...it's a riot...providing nobody is seriously ugly for real!
no offense to you, but you haven't been around long enough to get really tired of it; it gets old very quick, especially if a topic has been started as a serious topic & goes off topic to the bashing crap:rolleyes:

I agree with Rat. Yes we should, It shoud be pro-sport and not matter what we ride. Yes I ride stand-ups and perfer them. Some people cant and dont, it doesnt make them bad people.

well said..... i've have tried and suceeded but that was only after many a yard sale at the practice lake

:haha: personally, I love all the "hate"-smack back and forth...it's a riot...providing nobody is seriously ugly for real! :

you obviously haven't seen me in the morning :smile:

no offense to you, but you haven't been around long enough to get really tired of it; it gets old very quick, especially if a topic has been started as a serious topic & goes off topic to the bashing crap:rolleyes:

well said.... no ones likes sifting through pahes of c r a p to find something useful

I believe that any positive growth on this site is great for everyone.

Just think... When a couch member's engine blows he will know of great mechanics like Paul at Lehr Performance, Chucky at Team Scream, etc. so he doesn't have to buy some remanufactured POS.

I know a lot of people like how x-h2o is a small community of stand-up riders, but with positive growth everyone will benefit and most of all the sport will benefit.

agreed... paul was the first tuner i had..... should have stayed with him instead of going with a sure deal that ended up costing me what i originally boat the boat for

SuziQ

Banned

no offense taken (and I appreciate that). Imagine it prob is for many, especially on a serious thread as mentioned, but I just happen to be rather thick-skinned and extremely sarcastic (warped dry humor), so it prob is less bothersome and more amusing to me than others. I create half the smack on my board, so go figure, but when it is time to be serious...it is time. Nice breaks in humor are good as long as can stay on track.

Since you posted up, would like to say it is always good to see other females in the sport. Drives me crazy there aren't more females...prob drives the men a bit homo too, which can never be good for any of us (ie Saki/Stricky, lol).:Banane01:

MILF

aka Kathy
no offense taken (and I appreciate that). Imagine it prob is for many, especially on a serious thread as mentioned, but I just happen to be rather thick-skinned and extremely sarcastic (warped dry humor), so it prob is less bothersome and more amusing to me than others. I create half the smack on my board, so go figure, but when it is time to be serious...it is time. Nice breaks in humor are good as long as can stay on track.

Since you posted up, would like to say it is always good to see other females in the sport. Drives me crazy there aren't more females...prob drives the men a bit homo too, which can never be good for any of us (ie Saki/Stricky, lol).:Banane01:

Welcome!!!! I don't think you will have a problem fitting in on this site at all!:cheer: LOL*

goXtreme

Winter Sux
I voted YES!!!!!!

I personally do not like to ride sit-downs, but I sure as hell aint going to give anybody crap for owning/liking them, to each their own.

Nascency Chris

The Nascency Project
I think Pete is the one that needs this course.:scared:

so, are you done stirring up ******** now, you made your point in the other thread, drop it...

:haha: personally, I love all the "hate"-smack back and forth...it's a riot...providing nobody is seriously ugly for real! But, I sure hope you aren't referring to the blaster riders as "sit-down". I hear everyone is freakin over my being able to side step onto it, but it is quite different from the luxury of my "couch". Besides that, I don't really sit on it anyway, I stand.:woot:

like moon said, the smack talk inevitably winds up with someone getting their feeling hurt or someone taking it too far and winds up with a big mess...its no good...

being the first registered couch rider can i be the admin? or a mod atleast.....i mean i am the first regiestered couch rider on the site :woot: :woot: :hail: :hail:

why would you want to subject yourself to that life of agony?

and i voted yes because i agree with paul and everyone else wanting to welcome other people over to the x...

Alright lets quit the smack talking. I'm tired of it. I don't mean to be rude, but start your own thread if you want to bicker.

Lets keep this thread clean and on topic.

Thank you.

Top Bottom