Surfriding Shout out a Big Thanks to Nick ! (yamaslut)

Thanks for the best Freeride ever ! Big upgrade on the host hotel Grand Seas Resort and the Big surf Nick ordered this year. Wow huge turn out ! Thanks Nick for all your years of dedication to the World's best freeride and putting up our b.s too.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I enjoyed the competition. I wish there were more like last year. They are great to watch. I know they are a lot of work for you so don't think i'm complaining. Just hoping for more if possible.

awesome event, 1st time with many more to follow!! just next time turn the dial on the "washing machine" to smooth rollers!!

Thanks again Nick! I know it takes a lot of work to pull this off year after year, and no one does it better! I think the whole Mafia crew had a great time at our pre-ride and freeride....

Speleopower

got a Superjet
Yes thank you very much Nick! The hotel was awesome! I did not want to leave it!!! I spoke with the hotel front desk girls and told them a big thank you as well. They said everything seemed very smooth and they told me everyone was very nice and easy to deal with. I asked her if she knew of any damage to the hotel and she told me as far as she knew only one room had been slightly messed up (as of yesterday afternoon when I left). Hopefully there is no major expensive damage....

The dj was very annoying and way to loud (I left the raffle early because of him). I could not really speak with a couple of venders when I was trying to buy some stuff. Then at the tiki bar Saturday night I had to give the guy a stiff elbow to the ribs to get him to back off.

-Scott

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Yes thank you very much Nick! The hotel was awesome! I did not want to leave it!!! I spoke with the hotel front desk girls and told them a big thank you as well. They said everything seemed very smooth and they told me everyone was very nice and easy to deal with. I asked her if she knew of any damage to the hotel and she told me as far as she knew only one room had been slightly messed up (as of yesterday afternoon when I left). Hopefully there is no major expensive damage....

The dj was very annoying and way to loud (I left the raffle early because of him). I could not really speak with a couple of venders when I was trying to buy some stuff. Then at the tiki bar Saturday night I had to give the guy a stiff elbow to the ribs to get him to back off.

-Scott

Volume didn't bother me much. It was the perversion and racism that irked me. The songs being on a constant loop and the inability to announce the event were disappointing soon. I understand he's usually pretty good, so I don't want to bash him too much. My feedback is intended to be constructive. I really enjoyed watching the competition. The races and sickest trick last year were great and I really hope to see more of these events in the future.

Volume didn't bother me much. It was the perversion and racism that irked me. The songs being on a constant loop and the inability to announce the event were disappointing soon. I understand he's usually pretty good, so I don't want to bash him too much. My feedback is intended to be constructive. I really enjoyed watching the competition. The races and sickest trick last year were great and I really hope to see more of these events in the future.

I want to apologize to everyone about Mike Young's behavior. I was beside my self and totally embarrassed as you could probably tell from my face during the raffle. This will never ever happen at my event again. He was drunk and totally out of control the entire day. I hope you guys realize I was kinda stuck at that point and I got rid of him it would have turned into a worse situation. My goal is to always evaluate what was good and bad in an event and make the proper changes in order to make the next event better. I will correct this and believe me, It will never happen again!!!!!

Thanks for the input, it will only make things better for next year.

RivMan

doing something stupid...
Site Supporter
Nick, incredible event! The Michigan crew had a blast! Hope you enjoy the Michigan beers, we'll bring some more next year!

-Rob

Speleopower

got a Superjet
Best freeride yet!

Oh the front desk girls said everyone was so nice and accommodating to thier work load of checking in as many people as they did so quickly. She said bike week isn't as tough to work because people dribble in over the course of a week instead of just about everyone arriving on one day. She also said she will take the freeride dates off work next year while she was laughing. All in all the front desk girls seemed very pleased.

-Scott

Last edited:

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
Beside the DJ, and the tide on friday that made myself, and alot of people get stuck, I cant complain, they had a indoor pool and hot tub that made up for it when it was nasty out. The Grand seas was great, the poor guy sweeping sand all the time made me feel bad for walking around, but it was always clean (minus the stickers) If they host us again, it seemed like all the after parties staid at the hotel, there was plenty of room on the deck and in the rooms for everyone. The DJ they had on at night wasn't loud, and everyone could talk. Thanks again!

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Thanks to Nick , the Grand Seas, and all of the event sponsors for a great freeride at the new location!!

I thought it was a great improvement at the new hotel and an awesome time.

Top Bottom