SX/SXi/SXi Pro Show off your 750's - Pics and Info

sxi steve

Life's short, have fun.
Mods:
750sxi pro, 145psi on both cyl., 779cc weicos, Wet pipe, msd coil, r&d time advance, Dual cooling, hand warmers(tell tale run to handle bars for winter riding), Carbon reeds, 38mm carbs, Scoop grate, R&D ride plate, Board nozzel, pump wedge, stubby cone, dual Rule 500 bilge pumps, 4 degree bars, made quick steer, Limit rope, hood straps, Pole sping tensioner, carb primer, flame arrestors, turf and Foot holes, Hood intakes modified, and holds in hood, blowsion finger throttle, ODI lock on grips. Custom painted motor, fuel & cooling lines, every parts of the hull that was purple is now painted black.

Ski has a fresh motor in it, just broken in. It has been run in salt but properly flushed after every use, ski had normail wear and teat sctatched no major ones, and slight cracks aroung the handpole mount.

Engine compartment looks sweet!!!

Q- Paint on the Factory pipe... What did you use, is it durable with the heat? Recommend using high temp rattle can spray paint with a clear coat over it? I was actually thinking of just cleaning up my pipe and rattle can clear coating it although the black looks great.

Anyone with paint experience can chime in.

Thx.

I went with the no paint look, It did take some time and effort but you cant beat the polished look. I ride fresh water only and it usually wipes clean easily even after a few rides. I rode several tanks through it with no discoloration. Just my .02

sxi steve

Life's short, have fun.
Thx for the info. I believe you have a thread going about your pipe and polishing it?

Can you give some direction on how to do that or attach the thread?

Last edited:
Thx for the info. I believe you have a thread going about your pipe and polishing it?

Can you give some direction on how to do that or attach the thread?

I think I did have a post on here when I did it but its probably pretty far back now. I just stripped it down with aircraft paint remover then sanded it with various grits to get the wrinkles and heavy scratches out. I believe it was 80,100,150,200,300,400,800,1200,1500. then it was all about compound and polish. last step was the bench grinder fitted with polishing wheels. All the sanding was done with a 3'' mini die sander (air). I used a ton of 400, the rest were pretty quick once over passes. I probably spent a good 12-15 hours on it lol. It was slow at work so it kept me busy...

Kawikazi

Don't follow my line.
evo1 336.jpgevo1 211.jpg

Well heres my 750sx. 850 group k hammer 48 novis coffman wet pipe lightened flywheel by ZERO heavy porting sbt crank milled head 190psi blowsion lustic hood blowsion lowered bracket and -1 steering umi -2 pole tubbie 2 reinforced hull dakine straps rec wells 2 500gph rules plus the oem bilge and so on. sweet ski but way too heavy

sxi steve

Life's short, have fun.
Some decent footage from the GoPro on the day we rode, although not enough. It takes a few rides to assemble something good, or worth posting on YouTube. The Lake Orion Crew needs to head out to Lake St. Clair more often. Unfortunately the season is winding down.

Kawikazi

Don't follow my line.
^^^^ Damn bro, nice setup. Hows that motor hit?

Hits nice but like I said the hull is too heavy. I'm still running a stock worn out pump so I know I'm losing a lot of performance right there. Mag Pump is next upgraded. Ive got a finished cut down sx hull that weighs half of the stock sx. as soon as I find a kaw mag, everything is getting swapped over

Here's my Pro. I have a build/ tuning thread I just started on pwctoday. Haven't run it with the 800 and C4 yet. After and before pics shown below.

Build list:

1998 SXi Pro

3DR carbon fiber hood
-2" AC Pole
Blowsion bars
OEM Kawasaki STX start-stop
OEM SXR finger throttle, black
UMI billet sub plate and turn plate
Jettrim pads, tray mat, and handlepole chin pad
TBM race bumpers
Black anodized fittings
750 gph auto bilge with switch
Skat Trak Stainless Steel Intake Grate, or Jet Dynamics Intake Grate
R Pot carbon fiber ride plate, Bullett carbon fiber ride plate, or Jet Dynamics

2007 SXR 820cc, superstock ported
Kommander girdled head and domes
stock cases
stock crank
Novi 48s
VForce 3 reeds
Tau Ceti Pro Series 3" carbon fiber f/as
Kommander reed spacers
Advent T3
NYNJA C4 wet pipe or Speedwerx dry pipe
custom ported intake manifold
port matched reed stuffers
port matched/ opened up factory pipe manifold
port matched/ opened up factory pipe head pipe
Cold Fusion billet fuel pick up

stock pump (eventually Solas Mag pump with drop nozzle)
14-19 C-75 big hub swirl (15-20)

Build / tuning thread:
http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=384398

2012-08-03_20-37-07_31.jpg2012-10-07_15-22-12_941.jpg2012-04-22_10-28-42_11.jpg2012-04-23_20-00-29_469.jpg

Last edited:
Mostly stock 92. Mods are bilge pump, Solas impeller, short pump cone, kill switch, turf, TDR water box, and a 4 inch extension on the stock ride plate. Everything new or rebuilt. Thanks to John at JSS for the ebox and SS switch.

Attachments

• IMG_3360.JPG
    IMG_3360.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_3386.JPG
    IMG_3386.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_3408.JPG
    IMG_3408.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 152
6y5e2y6u.jpg

Rockered, and -5 of the back