Siezed Jetski Advice

WRX Dave

Freestyle poser
man if u want to spend your time riding , not wrenching go w SBT w your 700 dollars. then go rip it up!
Posted via Mobile Device

That's what I did a few weeks ago. Not my first choice, but I didn't want to waste what could be my last full season of riding for a while. My ski was back on the water within a week of placing the order.

Big bore involves buying new sleeves to go to bigger bores. It isn't cheap. You'll save a hundred or two by doing all this stuff yourself, but honestly, you need to strongly consider just getting an SBT engine. It isn't hard to build an engine, but it is REALLY easy to screw it up. You'll need to do a leak-down test on your engine after you rebuild, which means that you'll have to buy a lead-down tester. Since you're trying to save money, you'll probably try to skip that step, which could cost you the engine. In the long run, you probably have a 50/50 shot at actually saving money. SBT has the no-fault warranty. For someone with your experience, I'd go with SBT. You know the engine will be good and if it's not, then they'll make it right for free. You probably aren't going to find a local shop that could rebuild the engine for any cheaper than getting an SBT and like WRX said earlier, he was back on the water in a week.

Patentcad

Well ain't that cute?
the compression ratio for a 701 motor changes at either 83/83.5

this will give you the big bore "feel" without resleeving.........thats the point at which these motors come alive!

So would it be worth it to go to 83 mm bore? As opposed to staying stock? I need new pistons, so might as well rebore the cylinder?

Top Bottom