*Sigh*

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I may not sell this ski. I may put the parts on my ski. I may sell all of the parts and if I get enough money, I might buy a project ski and ride the 650SX longer. Or I may just sell everything and get a ready to ride SJ.

I really like my 650. Everyone just talks so much trash about the SX, that I am having a hard time wanting to spend a bunch of money on it. My goal #1 is to get the ski in a stable condition while I reach a conclusion. I'm still trying to find an SJ to try so I can make sure it's worth it to me to move on past the SX.

I bought it because I wanted the cheapest way into the sport. I am having a blast on the stand up and am pretty much refusing to ride a sit down. It's not like I'm trying to fix this ski so I can make a buck and move on. The goal of selling it would be to upgrade to bigger and badder.

Stop treating me like I'm bitching about a bad knee. WTF!??!

hehe

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
If the oil shot out I dont think the front cyl made a full turn and obviously you still have a seal between ur rings and cyl walls.

Ill be in orlando on wed, but hopefully out on thur on the x2 if i can get a head gasket locally.

Ya, it's wierd. I put my finger over the hole and I obviously have some pressure (push and pull). Quite a bit actually. I put my hand over the carb and I have absolutly nothing. /shrug.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Hrrm, I was just thinking.

I was at seminole about a month ago, and there was 3 guys there. One had a SN and the other had a X2 he just bought for like $200. The 3rd was telling me about his 650SX he parted out. I didn't have my 650SX with me that day but I was talking to them about it. I think one guys name was david, can't remember the other 2.

Was that by chance you and your friends I was chatting with that day?

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
No dude.

Nor angry at all.

just trying to envision someone worried about their ski as much as you say you are, and unable to figure out some way to roll it over on the trailer, here is a hint, ACROSS the bunks, PERPENDICULAR to how it normally rides.

if you cant figure stuff like this out, you really will go thru alot of engines and other parts in your ski future.

roll it over, turn it over, get it running.

pretty simple actually.

a 650SX. It's on a small boat trailer. I don't think I can roll it over w/o dropping it or damaging the pole. It will fall through the skids. I know, I did it on accident when I tied it down half arsed.

I sense your angry about helping me fix a ski I might sell afterwards. =(
Don't be mad. I lub you.

I have to get to bed now so I wont be late for class. It sucks to have to go to bed when I know I'm not going to be able to sleep over this.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Actually it sounds like he may have broken or damaged reeds in which case it probably isn't going to crank.Don't worry on that engine the reeds are pretty easy to access,just pull the carb and the 8 intake nuts ,pull the reed cages out and have a look.Also if someone hasn't put a drain block off on that ski you just pull the knob by the exhaust and all the water-oil-whatever runs out the bottom of the motor into the hull.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
just trying to envision someone worried about their ski as much as you say you are, and unable to figure out some way to roll it over on the trailer, here is a hint, ACROSS the bunks, PERPENDICULAR to how it normally rides.

if you cant figure stuff like this out, you really will go thru alot of engines and other parts in your ski future.

That to me seems like it would put too much pressure on the pole and crack it. I was going to attempt it, tho, just not at 11 o'clock at night, by myself, in the dark. It's quite difficult for me to drag the ski. I think it weighs 285 pounds, which is twice my own weight (or was it 185? still a lot heavier than me). I'm not an ant. At least in the afternoon, help is nearby if I drop it on the ground, or god forbid myself.

Actually it sounds like he may have broken or damaged reeds in which case it probably isn't going to crank.Don't worry on that engine the reeds are pretty easy to access,just pull the carb and the 8 intake nuts ,pull the reed cages out and have a look.Also if someone hasn't put a drain block off on that ski you just pull the knob by the exhaust and all the water-oil-whatever runs out the bottom of the motor into the hull.

My dad predicted the reeds. I was going to check the reeds before pulling the head so I wouldn't have to unecessarly replace the head gaskets. I'll look of that drain before I try rolling the ski. That would save a lot of needless work.

I hope it is the reeds. That would be a simple fix.

stupidgoodness3

X-H2Dizzle
Hrrm, I was just thinking.

I was at seminole about a month ago, and there was 3 guys there. One had a SN and the other had a X2 he just bought for like $200. The 3rd was telling me about his 650SX he parted out. I didn't have my 650SX with me that day but I was talking to them about it. I think one guys name was david, can't remember the other 2.

Was that by chance you and your friends I was chatting with that day?

Yah, that was my SN and my X2. Did you get ur SX fixed?

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Yah, that was my SN and my X2. Did you get ur SX fixed?

No, I've been tied up. When it comes down to the ski or the grade, the grade wins. I put a bunch of oil into the ski to help protect it. I just don't have the time. Tomorrow is the last day of class for the week, which means I can work on it tomorrow and delay the homework until the weekend.

I didn't do my HW because I was trying to fix the ski. Now the ski is broken AGAIN and the HW was never done. I'm in a lose lose spot. It sucks.

Top Bottom