SJ bouncing off rev limiter at half throttle

rehak2

Here we go again!
Tried to do some research out there to see if anyone else might of had the same issues but didnt find any.

I got a rn sj with a ported 701, b pipe, 46mm carbs, ada head, 12-17 prop. I just had the carbs gone through with new parts and also went from a 14-19 to a 12-17 prop. I ran great for the first 2-3 rides. Now if I give it half throttle it bounces off the rev limiter. What could be causing this? Compression is good and even, tried new plugs, tuning the high jets with no results. I am running a stock electrical setup. Bought this ski not running found out it had a bad msd enhancer in it, switched to a stock cdi and has ran great until now. ANy ideas? Coil maybe?

I should also add that this also happens when its on the trailier also. Tried it once and at half throttle it cuts out.

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
I had the same problem. I had connected the pink (heat sensor) to a spare ground and it caused the very same symptoms your talking about. however, I found a half assed attempt at a rev limit modification by the previous owner. Don't know if connecting the pink to ground ruined the cdi but it was shot after that.

Last edited:

rehak2

Here we go again!
I didnt change out the ebox or even opened the box other than the changing the bad msd enhancer 2 yrs ago and replace it with a stock cdi

rehak2

Here we go again!
So what did you do with the pink wire than? Just should be tapped off in the ebox? I will pull it apart and make sure that its not gounded.

Top Bottom