Surfriding SJ rail mod

Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone has modded rails on a superjet? I was thinking of cutting the right angle downside off as I dont see how it does the ski anygood especially at eh rear, anyone got any info??

Its all about the surf!
...... I was thinking of cutting the right angle downside off

I'm not quite following what your discribing but I've got some ideas that have been bouncing around in my head about this. I recently also picked up a roundie Hull to experiment on but as of now haven't done anything yet. Whats your idea and how do you think it will improve handling?

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
ScottS is working on one right now. He chopped off the downward portion, extended it out slightly and rebuilt the lip to angle outwards like the Polaris Octane and Trinity Matrix hulls.

If you have ever played around with rear sponsons you will understand just how much of an effect the rails have. If you cut them off, you will likely slide all over the place out of control.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
The Superfreaks actually come with that area extended down...

TBM makes a handling kit for the SXR's that extends it down as well to improve cornering and handling.

Now, if you wanted to cut out that bit on the rear of the ski so water flows better out the back, that is done all the time.

Waternut

Customizing addict
I cut the back off of my old SJ like the picture you posted above and liked it. However, besides adding structural rigidity to the hull, those rails actually make the ride more stable so I wouldn't recommend doing that to the entire hull.

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
I cut the back off of my old SJ like the picture you posted above and liked it. However, besides adding structural rigidity to the hull, those rails actually make the ride more stable so I wouldn't recommend doing that to the entire hull.

did you notice any changes cutting just the back downward portion off?

Waternut

Customizing addict
Honestly, I can't remember exactly what it felt like when I cut the back downward portion off but I do remember liking it. It's been over 2 years since I did it. It's tough to keep track of all my mods.

Ross Champion cuts the rear potion off... just the portion that the water flows through... I did not personally notice a huge differene... but I would imagine it would be less drag and allow the boat to go through the water easier...

Top Bottom