Super Jet skat 9/17 or Solas -S 14/17 for groupk 718 sleeper

Hey folks,

I am setting up two SNSJs with 718 sleeper kits from group K and have a good prop for one. I also have a skat 9/17 and a solas-s 14/17. I'd like to use one of them for now on the second ski. Which do you think would work better? Mostly interested in best bottom end, top speed is not important right now. We will be riding them at the lake, mostly on flat water with some wake/wave jumping.

Thanks,
DJ

I'd run the 9/17. Your motor maay spin it a bit depending on its level of oats, But the 9/17 is gonna be more fun IMO.
My buddy has it in his modded SN.
Will still do 40ish mph. Which is fast enough to make you NOT wanna fall.

Hey folks,

I am setting up two SNSJs with 718 sleeper kits from group K and have a good prop for one. I also have a skat 9/17 and a solas-s 14/17. I'd like to use one of them for now on the second ski. Which do you think would work better? Mostly interested in best bottom end, top speed is not important right now. We will be riding them at the lake, mostly on flat water with some wake/wave jumping.

Thanks,
DJ

I have done some testing with both. The Skat 9-17 will let the engine rev more but will not make as much thrust at low speeds. A stock Solas S will load the engine more and hurt throttle response. I repitched the Solas for equal peak RPM and found more thrust below 20mph. Top speed was the same for both.

Top Bottom