Skat Trak Swirl Problem

i am trying to install a skat trak 12/17 freeride swirl that is setback 3mm in my superjet. when i installed it and tightened it down, the impellar hub was sitting on the pump so the shaft would not free spin. I have never seen this and i have installed solas, hooker, and stock props with no problems. does this impellar require a spacer or washer or something to make it not sit so far back?

are they removable from the stock impellar. im holding a stock impellar and it seems to have a spacer but it looks like it is part of the impellar.

Could you post a pic of the washer. The impellar doesn't fit my blaster or my sj so I'm guessing the washer is not a stock piece?

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
If you want that impeller to fit with the -3 setback, you have to machine/grind away the area on the pump that is interfering. If you add washers/spacers, you loose that extra "setback" you paid for...

If you can get access to a lathe, it takes like only <5 minutes to do.

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
I had the same issue. For a 1mm spacer, I used the washer that goes between the piston and wrist pin berrings on the Yamaha motors.

From most my experience, the cutback seems to be a gimick. IMO: I notice no difference in hook up or any gain w/cutback vs non-cutback.

Top Bottom