FX-1 Ski dies after 100 yards or so.

Fro Diesel

creative control
This sound like a bad start stop swt. Unplug the black connector and run it. Bet your ss is sending a kill signal randomly.

sent from Fro Diesel using tapatalk2

hornedogg79

dodgin' bass boats
One time my Stop switch wires were lying against the waterbox. Eventually it rubbed through the insulation on the wires and would intermittently make the connection.

Turbo- My FX1 is doing the same thing. I want to test the start/stop switch like you suggested. Just for clarification, should I unplug the black connector and run the ski on the lake. If it does not die out, I can assume it is the stop switch. HOWEVER, I will have to turn the engine off by unplugging the spark plugs right?

Thanks- Jay

JT_Freeride

John Tetenes @Jtetenes
Don't grab the plugs it's never fun in order to stop the motor without the switch just lower your idle and the motor will shut off when your off the throttle

Thanks for advice man. It is a faulty stop switch. I lowered the idle speed and unplugged the stop switch and it runs fine.
Do you guys have any opinion on the upgraded start/stop switch from JetSkiSolutions?

FOR THE RECORD. Unplugging the black plug to the start stop, will not always work. I was just at the ocean this weekend, and had it unplugged, and the water would get in the connection, bridge it, and shut the ski off.

The same EXACT thing happened to my buddies start plug. Just sitting there on shore it started cranking away. Good thing it was sunk and didnt fire, or it would have ate his flywheel, bendix, and starter to death.

GREASE YOUR CONNECTIONS!!!

schicks

Karma Enforcer
Also for the record, my original issue ended up being the start stop switch as well. I checked it several times with a meter and it was reading good but was really faulty (electronics).

Top Bottom