Super Jet ski keeps dying after a few mins of riding. Could it be check valve

Dmac80sc

Site Supporter
I will start the ski up and ride it for a bit then it just cuts off. Like a quick complete die. And it wont crank up again. I did stop and get a little gas in the carb from the fuel line. By blowing in the one way valve. The one way valve is shot though I am pretty sure cause I can blow air through it both ways.

Would the bad one way valve cause it to die like that?

Dmac80sc

Site Supporter
Yeah but when I do that it comes right back out of the tank.

So would that make the ski just die out after riding for a few mins? And then not want to start back up?

i guess an easy way to see if thats the problem is after the blaster die's out cover the valve with your finger and see if it starts back up. if it starts then you got a bad valve.

just buy a new valve im sure there cheep enough

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
As long as the valve lets air into the tank, the engine should run.
You should still replace it because you can blow through it both ways.

Dmac80sc

Site Supporter
Yeah the engine runs. But when I get it out on the lake and ride it for a few mins it just shuts off and dies. Wont start back up. But this last time I just took off the fuel line and blew into the vlave to make some come out into the top of the carb. Rode it towards the ramp and it died again. But when I got it home it started up.

will it start up once you open the hatch and air it out a bit OR just let it sit for a little while? if so, maybe a slight exhaust leak that slowly fills up the hull so no oxygen can get in to the carb after a while?

Dmac80sc

Site Supporter
I got a one way valve from autzone for 5 dollars and put it on there. Ski ran fine for hours yesterday. So must of been the problem. I thought I saw some where running one of those valves is not good? Is that true?

Dmac80sc

Site Supporter
Yeah I was gonna. Stopped at a dealership and they wanted like 23 dollars for one. I laughed and walked out. So gonna see if my buddy has one laying around.

Top Bottom