Super Jet Ski ran great for a week..now its dead in the water...halp!

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
Mcmaster can ship your order same day provided you order early enough. They usually get my stuff out same day and arrives next day...granted I live in same state, but they're shipping is crazy fast. Pistons/rings look fine. Get new set of gaskets...base, exhaust, bpipe etc from Jetmaniac. Stuff should get there Wednesday/Thursday. U could rebuild, check compression and be on water Thursday/Friday. You could order an extra set of rings, but if you're looking at an eventual bore you may want to wait till that goes down. I've done a midseason hone and new rings when I bumped up compression on an engine of mine.

I think its your exhaust manifold gasket leaking water into the pipe. The nature of a 2 stroke will then suck it back into the cylinder. That's why they look washed. That's why it sometimes drops to one cylinder and slowly clears itself. It's happened to me before and took forever to find. Every time its out the water it seems fine. Check the manifold gasket and also see if the faces are pitted. There is only a very thin wall between the water chamber and the exhaust itself.

QJS

X-
Grahammy could well be right but either way I can see nothing of the original cross hatch that would have been present when the engine was new. To me this means it has simply worn away, probably due to water ingression, this would explain the low cranking pressure. I suggest you have the piston/bore clearance properly checked.
Chris.

Top Bottom