650/X-2 ski shuts off

I have a 650 single carb with pipe. I rebuilt the carb and ever since the ski will run fine but under a load it shuts off sometimes. The only way it will start again is to prime. I think its not getting enough fuel. Im woundering if its the fuel pump. I did not change the carb just rebuilt it. Thanks for the help.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Why did you rebuild the carb? I'm guessing it didn't run right before the rebuild or you would not have rebuilt the carb.

Check the simplest things first.
Make sure you carb base gasket is correct (That would cause a lean condition, so it's unlikely to be the gasket).
Check all hoses and connections, make sure they are properly zip tied with no cracking or leaks. Be sure to check the O-rings on your fuel tank, etc.
Check your gas tank vent.

I have no other information for you without more information from you. What was the ski doing that made you rebuild the carb?

I have had this ski for 3 years. I rebuilt the carb because i had a rebuild kit that came with the ski when i bought it figured it couldnt hurt to clean it and rebuild it. All fuel lines are new except the gas tank vent and they are all tie rapped on. I will finish checking for cracks in the fuel lines tomarrow but they are only a year old so i think they are fine. Thanks for the info.

N2 H2O

Previously Tbone550
I ride on lake norman. It was my wifes ski but i just got her a 750sk and i have a octane. Im fixing the 650 to sell. Are you going to the carolina beach in may.
Cool. I will definitely be going to the Carolina Beach freeride in may. I thinks its going to be a pretty good turn out. Have you checked your gas lines for leaks? Can you see air bubbles in the lines? How does the ski runs when its not shutting off?

Top Bottom