Ski tilts to right side while floating

curt248

01 superjet 94 fx1 97 xp
I just purchased an 01 superjet about a week ago. I noticed that it tilts a bit to the right in the water. I'd say about 2 inches more than the left.

I figured it was due to some water being in the hull. I tested it today while the engine bay was completely dry and it still tilts a bit.

Any ideas?

It also filled with about 8 inches of water when I left it sit in the water tied to a dock for about an hour or so. These could be two separate problems.

I noticed that the hood doesn't seal down as snug as my fx-1 does. It takes very little pressure to clamp the hood latch down unlike the fx that seems like it squishes solidly for most of the 1 inch travel of the clamp.

Is there a way for the foam to get water logged on one side or another way for water to be trapped in the ski?

My fx-1 floats completely flat when the engine bay is dry.

Please help.

Thanks

Curt

Last edited:

curt248

01 superjet 94 fx1 97 xp
Really? Why is that? Most of the weight in the engine bay appears to be on the left side (engine, pipe).

Thanks for the prompt response.

redrrocket

Graphics Guru
mine takes on water like woah now. new handle pole bracket For some reason the Plug for the steering cable's works its way up and out of the hole and wont stay in place.

curt248

01 superjet 94 fx1 97 xp
The battery is in the same place on my fx-1 and it is level.

I do have a b-pipe as well. I'm not sure why a b-pipe vs stock would make a difference. Does the water sit in the pipe on the right side?

Last edited:

stanton

High on jetskis.
i doubt its just the battery, but think about it, a ski is not very stable so small differences in flotation and weight can show dramatically when in the water.

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
ive seen the battery moved to the center of the ski and it floats level.
*shrug*
but it really doesnt make any difference.

Top Bottom