650/X-2 Ski will run for about 1 min then die and will not restart Im lost

OK let me give some back ground on the ski.

The ski engine is stock has a after market prop. I just got the ski the other day. I was told from the PO (orginal from new) That the motor has not been rebuilt and has been sitting for 10 Years. Now the odd part was there was some fuel in the ski gas tank, the old gas didnt smell bad. Anyway I pull the gas tank and clean it. Clean the fuel lines out and clean the carb. The carb was spottless Look brand new. (I Think the PO might have rebuilt it) I check the comp before doing any thing and it had 120. Now I check it after it was running and let it cool. It now has 140. So the comp is good. The carb is getting gas, After it died I pull the carb and open it up there still was a little gas in it. I hit the start button and got gas out of the carb. So Im getting gas. The spark is a nice blue spark. I also check the oneway vavle and that is good and in the correct way with the arrow towards the tank like it says on it.

Now the odd thing is once is a blue moon I hear a hiss comeing from some were. Could the crank cas drain be bad? How could I test it? Or is possble still carb issue??? Any ideas

Is it cooling right? Pisser working in lake AND on hose?
Yes you can test your crank seals. Seal it up and pressure test - should hold something like 10 psi for 10 mins.

Last edited:
Top Bottom