Skibums4life- Good Kid Bad Business

SJ/XPBri

Just SJBri = no more XP
This should no longer be in the negative section- Steve made good and refunded the gas money. Thanks Steve,
Bri

Last edited:

WAB

salty nuts
I have no dog in this, but I think there is something missing between #4 & #5. Something like, I called 15 times & 5 PM's to set a meeting time and no returned calls from him?
Why did you not go get it after taking the day off, he already had $200 of yours, and you spoke the night before scheduled pickup?
So does he have $400 or $200 of yours? How did he 'steal' the $200 if you told him to keep it? Why did you tell him to keep anything at all? Why not ask for a complete refund?

I'm confused. :confused:

SJ/XPBri

Just SJBri = no more XP
WAB- bottom line is, it doesn't matter why I didn't buy his ski. But for the record, I found one locally.
I called him to try and find out what was going on with me picking up his ski, he didn't call me back. At that point I didn't know if he was going to call me back at all, and I wasn't about to lose out on both skis waiting to hear from him.
The deposit he requested was $200.00, he also wanted gas money. I threw him another $200 to cover his gas costs (I'd say that was generous considering he was only going 1 hr away from his house, and he never drove anywhere to bring the ski to me). I flat out said keep the deposit, just send back the gas money. He never disagreed with it.
He simply didn't return the money, or any PM's.
Bri

That's what a DEPOSIT is about - and unless noted otherwise, is non-refundable. That makes it worth the seller's while to hold the ski for you - that way if you back out, his time is compensated for.

Bottom line, your deal was completely fair. You lost $200 because of poor planning, and he gained your $200 because you wasted his time.

SJ/XPBri

Just SJBri = no more XP
That's what a DEPOSIT is about - and unless noted otherwise, is non-refundable. That makes it worth the seller's while to hold the ski for you - that way if you back out, his time is compensated for.

Bottom line, your deal was completely fair. You lost $200 because of poor planning, and he gained your $200 because you wasted his time.

Kurtwolf, you should paypal me $200 for wasting my time reading your post.

Top Bottom