Skill level to try backflip

Woody

Need to save my money!!
Ok matte I tried a bf 3x today off of tiny :):):):) waves...the first two I didn't commit and just went vertical, third one was a bigger wave and made it upside but splatted right into 2 feet of water (didn't know it was so shllow). Do I need to wait for a bigger wave? I feel like I'm not getting enough thrust from my ski...it should have enough power w head bpipe prop and msd

WILKEY

SO FAR CHANGE SUCKS!!!!!!
see on the east side we got the bf down to a science cause we cant be picky about havin a five foot wave,:twak::twak: and us virginia beachins sure as hell dont have money for big motors:banghead::banghead::banghead:

momentum is all a backy is in my eyes

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Ok matte I tried a bf 3x today off of tiny :):):):) waves...the first two I didn't commit and just went vertical, third one was a bigger wave and made it upside but splatted right into 2 feet of water (didn't know it was so shllow). Do I need to wait for a bigger wave? I feel like I'm not getting enough thrust from my ski...it should have enough power w head bpipe prop and msd

What Stan said. You want head-high, approach it slowly, wait till it starts to curl, then hang your ass on your heels, and pin in.
Make sure your feet are locked in.

for the size of the wave you picked you went pretty far around. i give it to ya for trying. you were pretty much upside down when you bailed off. never figured you would try it there. only 2 feet of water. lol

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
It's tough to find waves that are NOT head-high here. :fingersx:

Also, I am pretty short.

Woody

Need to save my money!!
for the size of the wave you picked you went pretty far around. i give it to ya for trying. you were pretty much upside down when you bailed off. never figured you would try it there. only 2 feet of water. lol

yeah that was super dumb...the water was like a nice teal so i figured it was super deep...it was only until i was upside down looking into the water that i saw it was like 3 feet, which was why i bailed...i wouldn't cracked my ski in half if i woulda hung on

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
Tem that builds the Carbon boats we ride just started riding. He built the hull, Xscream set the ski up. Tem has rode 8 times total, & landed his first Backflip today & the surf wasn't the best to be learning BF's!

Way to go Tem!!!!!

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
I guess I got to the thread first today.
SKILL LEVEL TO TRY A BACKFLIP.........

Tem rode today with us at the spot.

He's been on a "stand-up" ski 7 times.

He's been in the surf 3 times.

Today he pulled off a backflip.

Granted....he had some pretty serious hardware.....but DUDES!!!!

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Tem that builds the Carbon boats we ride just started riding. He built the hull, Xscream set the ski up. Tem has rode 8 times total, & landed his first Backflip today & the surf wasn't the best to be learning BF's!

Way to go Tem!!!!!

I guess I got to the thread first today.
SKILL LEVEL TO TRY A BACKFLIP.........

Tem rode today with us at the spot.

He's been on a "stand-up" ski 7 times.

He's been in the surf 3 times.

Today he pulled off a backflip.

Granted....he had some pretty serious hardware.....but DUDES!!!!

HOLY SHIOT! Tem (Berky on the x) makes his own bad*ss hull and flips it today. Crazy fast learning curve....

thats just wrong. i ben riding almost 20 years (yes 20) all surf cant do a back flip. pissed now and on a mission. it looks so easy. get to the wave going to try and no go. big vjj lol .

Woody

Need to save my money!!
Just do it - it's easy.

NO ITS NOT.....I'VE ATTEMPTED MULTIPLE TIMES AND NOW I'VE ENDED UP W. A BROKEN ARM lol

i get upside down and can't keep the momentum to get the ski to spin around. i am installing trim this winter and defoaming my tray...hopefully that'll help.

but what i'm saying is....ITS NOT SO EASY FOR EVERYBODY!!! If you think you have the skill level to try one by all means, but be willing to pay the consequences if you don't (as did myself).

that being said i'll be in the cherry buster in daytona lol :arms:

Waternut

Customizing addict
How'd you break your arm? Did you forget the cardinal rule of holding onto the ski?

Top Bottom