Skywalker's project X-Jet revamp

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
Lukes Latest

We reinforced the sides with 8 oz biaxal cloth.

Attachments

• 151_5132.jpg
    151_5132.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 151_5131.jpg
    151_5131.jpg
    369.4 KB · Views: 106

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
After removing one of the footholds , Big surprise! Waterlogged foam!
:bigeyes:

Attachments

• 151_5134.jpg
    151_5134.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 151_5136.jpg
    151_5136.jpg
    483.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 151_5137.jpg
    151_5137.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 200

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way
Can't wait to see it running again. What color of paint are you going with this time? What about the motor, any issues with it after being under for so long? What about the starter motor and the electrical box and components, are they OK?

I received my new exhaust manifold back yesterday and we are putting the X-jet back together. Might be out this weekend to ride. Do you want to ride it?
:Banane01: :Banane01: :Banane01:

Hello again, I have been to busy to even post anything, sorry. This jet ski rebuild is some tuff stuff. I have new pictures of the refoaming job attached. I want to thank THE CHAD for all the help he has been I doing this rebuild. I think I am going with a paint combo of black and red. About the stress cracks, there was actually very few, there was breakage around the hoodseal area where I have bashed it doing 3/4 rolls. Other than that, I don't see any. Well, here are some pics of whats been going on. I am hopeing to get paint on it this weekend,if not soon.:biggthumpup:

Attachments

• x jet revamp 004.jpg
    x jet revamp 004.jpg
    755.6 KB · Views: 76
  • x jet revamp 006.jpg
    x jet revamp 006.jpg
    794.1 KB · Views: 84
  • x jet revamp 005.jpg
    x jet revamp 005.jpg
    777.9 KB · Views: 110
  • x jet revamp 003.jpg
    x jet revamp 003.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 76

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Killer stuff. Can't wait to see it runnin again! You should name it something like 'Nessie' or "Nautilis" for living on the bottom of that lake.

Last edited:

Waterdawg Kustomz

RIP NATION
The "Skywalker" ski is going to be ALIVE soooooon!!!!! I am so pumped that you found that thing!!!!! Man, I don't envy the amount of work you are having to do to get that ski pimp'in again. Let me know if I can help in any way at all. You have my number!!!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I will need a gas tank pretty soon. I hope to have it going by december. Yes it has been a lot of work. I can't believe the pole area has no stress cracks, I love it. I can't wait, I'm trying to get some awesome stickers made, I'll let you know, he wants me to order in bulk.

Luke

Here are some finshed pics of the paint job, the pole is black in case you were wondering, its just not shown. There is metal flake "small flake" in the clear. The design kinda changed, Chad kinda made the design up and I was the lucky one who taped it off. Not to bad for not being to artistic, ha ha. Seems only right that my Waterdawg X-Jet be Waterdawg red & black. I am going to run black hydro turf on it, the fittings are going to be opposite, black on red, red on black. Its not my usual style, really bright, but I like the way it turned out. I am going to do some shopping tonight online for some parts I need.

Thank god the sanding is over, yesssssssssssssssss!!!!!

Attachments

• x jet revamp 002.jpg
    x jet revamp 002.jpg
    965.9 KB · Views: 180
  • x jet revamp 004.jpg
    x jet revamp 004.jpg
    876.6 KB · Views: 96
  • x jet revamp 003.jpg
    x jet revamp 003.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
  • x jet revamp 012.jpg
    x jet revamp 012.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 157
  • x jet revamp 007.jpg
    x jet revamp 007.jpg
    748.9 KB · Views: 79

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Excellent job, I really like that design. Much improved to me.

Top Bottom