Small Enclosed Trailer

Woody

Need to save my money!!
Anybody have any suggestions for what I can use? I'm moving to an apartment complex and need to pick up or make some kind of enclosed trailer that I can take on the highway with me and be safe.

I'm looking for something like the attachments below. This specific one is selling on craigslist for $1250, but I really wouldn't want to spend more than half of that.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Trailer.jpg
    Trailer.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Trailer Back.jpg
    Trailer Back.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 21

Woody

Need to save my money!!
no...i need it to store the ski in as well as bring it from albany back and forth to long island often.

i took a job transfer out to albany, but don't want to miss the waves

I've seen a few home made enclosed trailers around, the only one I took a close look at was basically a wooden frame attached to a harbor freight trailer with metal roofing attached to it. It was pretty ghetto looking, but that's a theft deterrent, right?

OptimaRacing

Jet zoomers
A good website to find enclosed trailers is RacingJunk.com. It's mainly a car racing site, but they have an extensive Trailers for sale section, with used and new stuff listed at great prices. I know a lot of trailers are manufactured in Georgia and you can save big bucks if you drive down there to pick them up.

Mike@OptimaRacing.com

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
I'll second the van. My ski lives in mine during the summer. You can find used minivans for dirt cheap these days and then you don't have to hook it up to something to move it. Tint or paint the windows so the sun doesn't get in.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I've been driving by a perfect trailer like that for sale for a couple months now. I stopped once and saw a price of $1200. If it was $800 I would have snagged it up on the spot.

How big is the elevator in your building? :sneaky:

Some storage places offer vehicle and boat storage for under $40/month. Factor in the purchase price of a trailer and you may be cheaper to pay storage. They are usually fenced, alarmed and insured too. Buy a cheap used cover and let the sun beat down on that.

Last edited:

Woody

Need to save my money!!
Pick up a used van and lock it in that.

I'll second the van. My ski lives in mine during the summer. You can find used minivans for dirt cheap these days and then you don't have to hook it up to something to move it. Tint or paint the windows so the sun doesn't get in.

then i have to insure it....i'd rather just buy a trailer and keep it uninsured

I've been driving by a perfect trailer like that for sale for a couple months now. I stopped once and saw a price of $1200. If it was $800 I would have snagged it up on the spot.

How big is the elevator in your building? :sneaky:

Some storage places offer vehicle and boat storage for under $40/month. Factor in the purchase price of a trailer and you may be cheaper to pay storage. They are usually fenced, alarmed and insured too. Buy a cheap used cover and let the sun beat down on that.

Believe it or not, the building has 5 floors, but the design is built so that you park on what floor you live on which is nice. however, these apartments are brand spankin new...so for me to roll in a dirty shop cart to my new apt. would be silly, i'd rather just buy a trailer.

OptimaRacing

Jet zoomers
I agree Vans are more secure. They are a little harder to break into. Enclosed trailers can be a douche to tow as well. That's why we bought a 30' Freightliner truck to take to the races! Your welcome oil producing middle eastern countries!

Mike@OptimaRacing.com

Top Bottom