Super Jet sn 701 sj handling

mademan9

I ride a SuperFrk WannaBe
Man I cant do them either. Every once and a while ill land one. But ive seen a guy do it the first time he rode a sq. As a matter of fact it was his first time riding a stand up. Some people have a hard time doing a sub. Myself included. I can do a turn sub all day. The guy was in a flat water

Last edited:

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
First, jump subs are MUCH easier with footholds, or at least some lifters. Ride along at about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle - not too fast (suicide sub!!) but you need a bit of speed to punch through. Do a little pre-hop to get things started - when you land the nose will be coming up again which is your cue to give it some throttle to jump. Keep your weight a little forward as you do this - don't let yourself get thrown over the back. As you leave the water you have to give two mighty heaves: one to pull your feet up to your butt (and hopefully the ski with it) and the other to push your arms straight to push the nose down.

Practice that a few times till you can get the nose to go under at about a 20 to 30 degree angle. Once you can reliably get the nose in all you have to do is give the throttle a jab to about 3/4 and you will get sucked right under - duck your head as you go in or.... well - you'll see.

Here's the tricky part: don't forget to keep riding the ski when underwater! Keep your balance - throw a leg behind you if you need to. A good sub needs three jabs of the throttle to about 3/4 open to work: the first gets you under, then next will bring the ski level, and the last one will surface you to applause and panties thrown from the beach!

That's about it. When you start to get confident increase your speed into the trick which will help you get way deeper. You'll know when you came in too fast when you wake up either to paramedics or St Peter....

gorilla

There's Always A Light At The End Of The Tunnel !!
if your going to do subs you better silicone up the front gas cap cover.
it will get torn off if you do sub's then you will pay big banana's to replace that piece.

the worx 201 is the best one for a sn.
any protec ride plate is better than the stock one too, unless you d-cut your stock one for freestyle.

get an msd cdi too.
that will help the motor rev up and run better.

gorilla

I learned to ride on a Kawi and moved to a SN SJ. I ride with a couple bouy riders and some freestyle riders so I'm lookin for a versatile ride. The SJ is way better once you get used to it. As said before, the intake is just as important as the impeller so those are your first two mods. Mine had an a/m impeller when I got it, the intake grate will really help with the porpoising and you will be able to ride it at high speeds and still control it. The more aggressive the intake the faster it will slow down when you let off so be cautious those first few rides so you dont go over the bars. Definitely get a scoup grate like the worx 201, R&D makes a good one too but worx is the standard. I also got a quadrafin ride plate, that really helped to keep the ski flat in the corners. Throw an aftermarket pipe in there and life is good you have all of the must-have mods. I have a pro-tec pipe which is ok. I had great gains on the mid and top end, but the bottom end is about the same, I have a 650 BTW. I have several friends with stock motors in '04 and newer SJs and I can keep up no problem at wide open, the bottom end grunt is the issue. Hope this helps and good luck on your superjet journey.

I switched from a kawi 750sxi to a rn Superjet. First ride out with my rn I was like damn what was I thinking...2nd time out on my rn I just fell in love!! So glad I made the switch.

great to hear, doing a 2weeks offshore work 2 weeks at home never got out on the sea last time i was home on my 2 week leave had to get the starter fixed it would only work if i gave it a tap ,,but when i took the exhaust off to get to the starter the 1.5 inch rubber coupler coming off the exhaust was split and there was some sand there, i am thinking i was losing some power there from the start,had this happend on my 650sx and lost a lot of power.
i have managed to get few parts in the last month all used apart from the foot holds a protec ride plate, solas intake,13/18 skat track,pole limiter,foot holds,hood straps,2 x bilge pumps, changed the rubber coupler i will try and strengthen the gas cover as gorilla mentioned so hopefully it will be a different machine when i get out on it,,, time to stop spending start enjoying lol

Top Bottom