Super Jet SN Build, New Nose, Hood, and Tray

This is my first build ever so im kinda just playing around with it. all opinions and advice is greatly appreciated. i have a 1991 square nose than i plan on re shaping the nose, installing footholds, defoaming and reforming tray, cutting the hood, and shortening the back.

so far i started with the nose just to get some ideas, also looking at all of the other builds.

this is what i have done so far:
IMG_3131.jpg

IMG_3132.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

IMG_3134.jpg

IMG_3135.jpg

IMG_3144.jpg

IMG_3145.jpg

IMG_3146.jpg

so now after some research and looking, i think I'm going to cut it off completely and get foam and completely shape it. ideas and imput would be nice before i make any more cuts.

Also what would be the best fiberglas and strongest to use for this? i know to use the epoxy resin.

Last edited:

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
good stuff so far .. i dont see anything wrong with the direction your going, but I have not tried what your doing .

I use 1208 biax cloth ( 12 oz ) some use 17 oz and you will prolly need some lighterr cloth to help with the curves , the 12 is not real bendy.
uscomposites.com will help

IMG_3152.jpgIMG_3163.jpgIMG_3168.jpgIMG_3176.jpgIMG_3177.jpgIMG_3179.jpgIMG_3180.jpg
Huge Update:
decided to make different cuts and go a different route. I went to Lowes and picked up a piece of polystyrien and shaped my nose. decided to get rid of the entire front. might do some more shaping but thats enough for tonight. comments would be nice. let me know how I'm doing

oh and the first to layers on the bottom will be glued together as a mold for the bottom half and a rail will be made around, than the top 4 layers will make the top mold

motoman3000

ride
Site Supporter
Damn!! You really chopped it! Im about to start my own 1st sn reno with all the fixins--nose repair, hood, holds, shortening--just not as drastic. I'll have no clue what I'm doing so sorry have nothing to add to your build. Good luck with it. I'll be watching to see what happens next.

i dont know what im doing either lol... honestly just going with whatever works. it seems to be going pretty well though. i have no clue on what/how to do the hood

Re: Square nose build making round

Add more rocker to your nose and since your tray is already torn apart it would be a good time for a complete refoam.

Re: Square nose build making round

Youll need prolly 5 yards 17ounce biax, 5 yards 12 ounce biax and maybe some 6or 8 ounce cloth.

You can get everything through uscomposites.com

Are you gonna reshape the nose a little more and refoam the tray?

Top Bottom