Super Jet SN Custom Build - Risen from a watery grave

The gunwales were too warped to do anything with so I straightened them the best I could and said screw it, shes no pageant queen - she just needs to float. They were so warped, in fact, that if i pulled one bend out it would force another bend somewhere else which I determined was too much work for such a hodge-podge hull.

EDIT: Forgot a picture
IMAG0372.jpg

Last edited:

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
dont want to busrt your bubble but.....I have seen pvc exhausts on skis melt ... , a rock blocking off your cooling will melt that exhaust. and then you have to rip it all apart to replace ...

No it wont. I know what my ski sounds like when its not getting cooling, and if i think my cooling is clogged im much more worried about my motor than my exhaust tube.

Last edited:

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
It'll heat up and turn to spagetti long before it melts outright and the foam should hold it in place while it cools again. Eventually it may break down and develop small holes but I bet it's good for at least 3-5 years with no issues.

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
allright , I am only telling you what I have seen personally. a new PVC exhaust on a new ski.. just trying to help. I hope the best for you

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Lets learn together, I'm interested enough to see how it works out.

Good decisions come from experience, experience comes from bad decisions. :biggrin:

Ditch the PVC and do it right :scared:.. Lighter and stronger, and wont have that thought in the back of your mind.. (I hope my non-serviceable exhaust is cool) IMO save yourself the troubles down the road...I guess well see how it turns out :439:

Last edited:

JGringo

When in doubt, Throttle-out.
I agree with them ^^ If anything, make it a 'side-exhaust only' and have it exit the hull within the engine-bay...

This way, it will save you weight and time if you melt it to nothing.

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
its not going to melt , he knows what his motor sounds like when its not getting cooling!!! move on ... theres nothing to see here

Im not sure if that was intended to be sarcasm or not but if you cant hear the difference between an empty waterbox and a full one you might want to find a new hobby.

Anyway, the tube and foam are in place and glassed in as of a few hours ago so it's staying there. I have 2 layers of 10oz on the gunwales and 3 layers of 18oz on the tray, hopefully that will be enough because I am out of supplies.
Our office is in the process of being moved and if they get the CNC bolted down this week I'll make my handlepole bracket.
PoleBracket.png

This will allow me to run my fx1 pole without grinding anything. My stock fx1 bracket is cracked so I figured I may as well replace it. I have a few different versions of the design - I may make it only one breather hole instead, and I may use caps instead of flats for the arms. We'll see.

Also if anyone has any suggestions on how to clean up the inside of this tank that came with the hull, Id like to hear it. Id like to avoid buying another.
IMAG0385.jpg

Some seriously nasty crap in there, left it upside down for a week and nothing even budged.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Also if anyone has any suggestions on how to clean up the inside of this tank that came with the hull, Id like to hear it. Id like to avoid buying another.
View attachment 168105

Some seriously nasty crap in there, left it upside down for a week and nothing even budged.

Put a gallon of heated purple power or mineral spirits in there, leave it in the sun for awhile, shake it often, must of it should dump out.....repeat as necessary.

Made a test piece of my pole bracket today on the CNC. I didn't jig up for it since it was a test and I wasn't sure how good all of my dimensions and tolerances were, so the finish is rough. BUT everything came out absolutely perfect so Im gonna go ahead and clean this one up and just run it. I did a test piece with flat heads and cap screws and the caps were far superior because I could really torque them down, so I went with caps all around and changed to one breather. Also ended up with 85 degrees of throw for the pole, which is more than enough.

Here's a pic of it before cleaning up, just test fitting. Going to clean up the edges, blast it, and shoot some clear powder coat on it eventually.

IMAG0392.jpg

Last edited:
how much for a pole mount lol

Lol, i dont think I know enough about aftermarket brackets to sell any. I just kinda made something to fit my needs. I've never even owned an aftermarket bracket.

And this is what we call a $50 riser bar setup! Its a little hillbilly but it will work!

$20 grips
$10 waveblaster bars bent straight
$15 xmetal plate
$5 in hardware

Sent from my 3VO

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1324695769483.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324695769483.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 156
Top Bottom