Freestyle Sn flip 360 barrel roll?

X2, I've been trying to do b rolls for the last three summers, and I can tell you its the last lil bit, thats the hardest to get around. I cant keep a hood on, sunk both my skis, and got about twenty stitches in my eyebrow. Definately wear a helmet even if you're not planning on trying anything, cuz if you see a wakeboard boat rolling a wake, you know yo're gonna hit that ish!

sxi steve

Life's short, have fun.
My suggestion to any newbie or anyone that's been riding for 1 or 2 seasons, especially lake riders, is; STOP, forget about BRs and BFs and blowing your cash..., learn how to stand up, deal with the porpoising issue with your body/ride technique, learn how to turn left and right, then learn how to carve hard & tight to the left and right, learn 360s, one handed 360s, hood tricks, spins, fountain, log roll, the sub, a turn sub, and then off big boat wake, one handers, no-handers, nose stabs, etc, etc. Learn to be smooth and consistent. It's not cool to successfully complete a trick 1 time out of 5 tries. This will keep you busy for years. Ride, ride, ride and have fun and relax, the BRs will come, maybe. First things first. Don't get the cart before the horse!

Last edited:
My suggestion to any newbie or anyone that's been riding for 1 or 2 seasons, especially lake riders, is; STOP, forget about BRs and BFs and blowing your cash..., learn how to stand up, deal with the porpoising issue with your body/ride technique, learn how to turn left and right, then learn how to carve hard & tight to the left and right, learn 360s, one handed 360s, hood tricks, spins, fountain, log roll, the sub, a turn sub, and then off big boat wake, one handers, no-handers, nose stabs, etc, etc. Learn to be smooth and consistent. It's not cool to successfully complete a trick 1 time out of 5 tries. This will keep you busy for years. Ride, ride, ride and have fun and relax, the BRs will come, maybe. First things first. Don't get the cart before the horse!

I couldn't agree more to this. Look good when you are riding, no matter what you are doing. If you are just cruising you should be super comfortable, railing turns and quick spins. When you feel as comfortable on the ski as you are walking it just looks different from a distance. You can tell "that guy is good" without them doing a barrel roll or backflip.

Once you are at this point, THEN you can go for rolls or flips. You will have a much easier time doing them, you will have better form and you will land them twice as often. I am just learning rolls (only did a few in the surf) and I have to say that being comfortable with your ski really helped me. You need to know how it acts when you land off center or too far forward/back. If you have enough tray time your body will automatically position yourself on a bad landing and you can ride out.

If you can't ride out of a trick, why not just superman the ski and watch it spin without you?

Jet Ninja

701 reasons I'd rather be at the lake!
Man wtf. Everyone and their mom wants to backflip and barrel roll but no one wants to learn

Stand ups have a high learning curve. It takes months just to learn how to carve correctly and not fall over 24/7. Why people think they need a factory pipe, intake grates, ride plates, 800cc+ motors, and all that boggles my mind. Money does not trump skill. You can throw 20k at your ski and do a backflip from power, but that doesnt add any skill to your game whatsoever, looks poserish IMO. The whole "Its just money" thing is hella lame, and makes most that cant ride look like douches. Serious

I couldn't agree more to this. Look good when you are riding, no matter what you are doing. If you are just cruising you should be super comfortable, railing turns and quick spins. When you feel as comfortable on the ski as you are walking it just looks different from a distance. You can tell "that guy is good" without them doing a barrel roll or backflip.

Once you are at this point, THEN you can go for rolls or flips. You will have a much easier time doing them, you will have better form and you will land them twice as often. I am just learning rolls (only did a few in the surf) and I have to say that being comfortable with your ski really helped me. You need to know how it acts when you land off center or too far forward/back. If you have enough tray time your body will automatically position yourself on a bad landing and you can ride out.

If you can't ride out of a trick, why not just superman the ski and watch it spin without you?

i agree with all of this... being a noob myself it all makes sense and dont get me wrong i will still try rolls and flips if i just feel like it, but i want to be able to ride good and carve especially so i can make a setup wake... i will beat my squarenose to death and patch it over and over until ---> I FEEL LIKE THE SKI IS HOLDING ME BACK<----- until then, there is no need for an upgrade i cant begin to understand how to use. it would only make learning harder. also if you learn on a stock machine you will be even better when you upgrade to something better. just like a dirtbike... you dont start out on a 500 you start on a 125 or somethin and move up just like skis or anything else

chriselmore_1

high on resin
:):):):) that! Go for rolls and flips right off the bat! Sack up and Huck it! That's what I did and I excelled faster then most. My rolls were coming around 3/4 on my second day trying them on an old waterlogged sn. Don't let these guys hold you back. Push yourself. Don't be the guy that's bean riding for 8 years that can't do anything butt some cool turns...

chriselmore_1

high on resin
Flatwater. limited 701 with a coffmans pipe and Solas prop. I had a couple local riders point me in the right direction and bam! Making and timing a proper setup wake was the hardest part. Otger then that prehop to the ledt over the first roller into the pocket. Drop the pole. Crank the bars to the left pin the throttle and throw you're head over the left side of the hood twards the bondline. Just remember to crank the bars all the way till you hit the stop

Top Bottom