Super Jet SN Newbie Assembling Questions

Hey guys, I bought a bunch of SN parts and a hull recently all from the same person and I have a few questions. This is my first superjet (only had a 650sx before this) and since I did not do the teardown, I am not sure on a few things. The service manual has not been too clear either. At one point all of these parts went together, so I am just trying to figure out how to do that.

I have pics to help explain things:

1. In pic 1, the arrow marked #1, this tube is for the steering cable right? How do you stop water from coming in? Is there a one way valve somewhere in the tube or something? I don't have a steering cable yet, so maybe the answer is something with that.

2. In pic 1, the arrow marked #2, does this hose go to the connection the arrow is pointing? The other end connects to the bottom of my riva red pipe which is what it was connected to when I bought it. I assume this sucks water in for cooling. Not sure what the big round thing is either.

3. In pic 1, the arrow marked #3, does the strainer hose go to the connection the arrow is pointing to? I assume the pump creates suction for the strainer to work?

4. In pic 2, this is the side of the hull. Why would there be 4 holes. I have a bilge which accounts for the biggest and then I think one hole is an outlet from the engine head, and a third is from the riva red pipe T as shown in pic 3. I just don't know what the 4th hole on the far left is for.

Sorry for the newb questions, just trying to figure this out and do it correctly so I don't ruin anything.

Thanks for the help!

Pic 1:
pic1.jpg

Pic 2:
2.jpg

Pic 3:
3.jpg

djraider700

lol wut?
1. Steering cable
2. Cooling line
3. Bilge outlet

The extra holes are probably from a different motor setup with more cooling lines. Not sure about the big holes though.

Byeai

"Cheetos-Man"
Yes u have it right the round thing is either s water sand separator or it's the water air separator for the vent hose on take but the hose ur holding looks bigger that's 1/4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Byeai

"Cheetos-Man"
Little holes are pissers that let the hot water over board some people have different amounts

Byeai

"Cheetos-Man"
Wen you put the plastic nut on the steering cable under the hull it will seal

Last edited:
Yes u have it right the round thing is either s water sand separator or it's the water air separator for the vent hose on take but the hose ur holding looks bigger that's 1/4

Thanks guys for the confirmation on the lines. The hose I am holding is actually a separate picture I cut out and pasted over the other pic that is why it looks bigger. I will try and get a hold of the seller to see why he had 4 holes in the hull. Might just have to glass it. I have to glass the hood and nose a bit anyways so it might be good practice before I attempt them. There will probably be more questions when I get to the glassing.

Another question...

I just ordered a pump shoe and I think I got the wrong size. Should the pump shoe sealer ring fit inside of the pump shoe? Or does it just press up against it kind of like a gasket of sorts? I assume it should fit inside the pump shoe, I just want to confirm before I order another.

Here is a pic with the sealer ring on top of the shoe
pumpshoe.jpg

Ahh thanks, makes sense now since the inside of the pump shoe matches the inside of the housing where the impeller is. Just didn't make sense to me at first. Now to get this thing installed.

Top Bottom