SN sj bumper questions...

Hey guys. My sn sj has a cracked hull. So I dropped my engine and pipe and all the good stuff and am preparing to split the hull so I can reglass it and reinforce it and all that fun stuff. But heres my question. While I have the hull split, I was wondering if there is a way to cut away the bumper in the front and make it a somewhat rounded nose in the front? The bumper semms to get caught in the water when trying to jump wakes and all that. Here is a pic attatched just so you can see what im talking about for sure. Just curious if I could just go ahead and cut the bumper then round it out a little or if someone has done something similar to their sn sj. I will be slpiiting it tomorrow so any help asap would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• HPIM1634.jpg
    HPIM1634.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 27
  • HPIM1635.jpg
    HPIM1635.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 27

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
yes you can reshape the nose. its been done quite a few times. your imagination is the limit as far as that goes. then just turf the siderails and the nose so you dont have to worry about trying to fit that bumper piece back over it. that would be my suggestion.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
If you're going to attempt to split the top from the bottom, you better just order a RN topdeck now. It would be a miracle if you got the deck off without destroying it. Search " RN conversion " and you'll see what I mean. It would be like upgrading to a 96-2007 hull.

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
If you're going to attempt to split the top from the bottom, you better just order a RN topdeck now. It would be a miracle if you got the deck off without destroying it. Search " RN conversion " and you'll see what I mean. It would be like upgrading to a 96-2007 hull.

that is a very good point.

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
Do the top deck conversion. You can split the decks in a few hours of solid work, but it will be easier to get a RN top deck, plus itll look cooler, be lighter and your basically building your own custom ski!

Top Bottom