Super Jet SN superjet 650 vs. 750sx/sxi

Hey guys im lookin for some help i now have a stock 650sx and i want to upgrade. I was looking at a sn sj or a 750sx/sxi and i need to know which ski is a better investment in the long run. And keep in mind i am 17 so money is limited. So please post opinions personal expierence exc. Thanks

P.s this is my first post lol!:wink:

650 superjet. Not even a competition between the two. Parts are available. Huge list of bolt on upgrade options. Good stock low end and the hull is sweet. Superjet IS the freestyle/freeride platform. Don't even look at the kawis.

You can have A LOT of fun on a stock 650 superjet. I know because I ride one myself.

When you find one in your area jump on it right away. They sell fast. I drove 16 hour round trip to get mine. If you find one with a 701 get that one but seriously, you can learn a lot with just a 650 without worrying about spending money on expensive upgrades to go out and practice tricks.

Last edited:
Thanks brad yesterday was a blast and hopefully i ride with you guys every sunday that was awesome.
And i was leaning twards a sn sj hopefully i can find a clean one for a good pirce!

I have a 650 sn and my brother has a 750sx. He came out from ca and rode my 650 sn and now hes interested in possibly selling his 750sx. He liked the way the superjet handled even tho a little underpowered due to its only a 650. I personally have not ridden a 750 but thats from my bros point of view on it.

huddleston

THE SUNSHINE STATE
we have a sn in daytona the trip would b worth it n u could grab some surf while ur here.. we'll let it go for a 1000.00 its listed in the whole ski forsale thread

I've ridden bother and I personally prefer the 750sx as a starter ski. While I can't speak to the SXI, with the SX I dabble in some tricks (old school) and while still having enough power for those high speed thrill rides.
Whichever you get, don't put a lot of money into it modding it up. Save for something good.

djraider700

lol wut?
You can put money into a SN. Later on, if you want to upgrade, you'll just need a hull. Whether it be a RN or aftermarket, the drivetrain will bolt right in. Another vote for the SN!

I am going to put my vote in the for the SN. My buddy rides a 750sx and I never wanted to ride it. I much prefered the way my SN rode. The 750's have decent power, but the handling is not as nice. I think the SN's are easier to ride and learn on, but once again, that is just my opinion. I have seen some decent 650 SN and 701 SN on craigslist in MI for a fair price.

SN SN SN!

You'll be jumping, carving, and sliding all over the place with a smile on your face screaming "wooooo, yeah mother ******!!!!"

Your gonna recover from a sweet jump and the yamaha pump is gonna shoot you back up on plane in a split second saying "again again!"

50 pound difference between a 750 and an sn hull too!

Last edited:
My opinion will differ from most but I actually prefer my sxi pro, I have ridden some nice rn's and sn's and I'm still happy as hell when its time to switch back to my kawi. It does feel heavier when trying to flick it around but the high speed handling is night and day better and it does a better job managing chop.
I will say this, If your set on a freestyle ski dont take the road I did. For the money I have invested in my "kinda freestyle" kawi I could have bought a AM hull lol (seriously)

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
This is a superjet and freeride dominate forum. The answer here from most will be to "buy the superjet". It doesn't matter what you ask about, they will tell you to buy the SJ.

You have to decide what you want to do. If you want to race, get the 750.
If you want to do tricks, get the SJ.
If you want to race and ride surf, the 750 will work out ok for you.

I personally wouldn't spend the money to change from a 650sx to a 650SN. To me, that is a waste of money. The SJ is a better hull all around than the 650sx but it's not about what is a better ride, it's about $$ at your age. I haven't forgotten what it was like.

Any running ski is going to pull a few bucks, so the difference b/t a 650sn and a 701 61x SN wont be much, and if you can find a 701 62t sn, even better, although harder to find, they don't sell for much more. It's worth saving the extra money and buying the 62T 701 if at all possible. At the very least, the 61x 701 since almost everything is the same except the intake.

The 701 motor is going to be an expensive upgrade into that hull, and the 650 motor is going to sell for nill.

If you were asking about the SJ vs the SXR, we could have some discussion, the SXR is an awesome boat if you want to run buoys. The 750 vs the SN is a little less of a debate. I'd take my SJ over the 750 even for racing. I just didn't like the 750 when I rode it. Maybe I'd feel different now as I've grown into the sport, but the 750 felt like a tank in the nose and I didn't like it way back when.

The RN SJ is going to be a waste of money for you, since you pay a huge step in price for that hull. The benefit of buying the RN SJ is they condition of the parts, less likely to need repairs, and in the longer term, a better investment. I wouldn't wait to save enough money to pay double for a RN over a SN.

Keep saving your money, and buy a very clean 701 SN SJ when it becomes available.

If for some reason you want to wait long enough to buy a RN SJ vs SXR, for racing, the SXR is hands down the winner. Otherwise, the SJ is better for free ride, surf and flatwater.

Last edited:

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
get the SN
I have both and started with the 750
Now I choose the SN
my son rides the 750sx

Top Bottom