Super Jet SN to RN pole steering cable problem

King of the Js550

Cali Jet Ski
So ran into a problem i didn't realize that the 2010 pole sets up different for the steering cable,Now can i switch to an aftermarket turn plate or do i have to do a mod using oem non bearing plate and when i turn its hitting the bolt area in the middle

I don't believe that cable will fit that pole correctly. The issue lies in the length of the cable from where it mounts to the pole to where it mounts to the turn plate

King of the Js550

Cali Jet Ski
Ya that's what my problem is its longer and then bends on middle bolt so it doesn't turn the nozzle all the way i was wondering if the rrp plate would work you can move the nipple to differnt locations for the cable

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
You need to make an extension for your turnplate, or get a post 08 cable and sacrifice some throw. I've seen people just use scrap aluminum to extend the turnplate and tap a hole in it.

I made an aluminum extension that bolted to the original holes on the turn plate for mounting the cable. Installed the pole, saw the problem, fixed it in half an hour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will have to wait until I get home. I'll try to remember to snap a pic and post it up. I also had to fab up a "clip" to hold the cable from sliding down the pole tube

408de9b0131186c45a411973407e072d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Review this old thread but I purchased that 96-07 bracket from JM for a 2015 pole, there is no instructions to mount that bracket? what do you guys run for the conversion? I'm talking about the piece that holds the steering cable securely.

Top Bottom