Super Jet SN Turf Templates

Mike W

Infidel
image.jpg I have templates for the tray, sides and dash for a SN with Toby "new style" footholds. Toby was nice enough to send me a template for the sides and dash but I made my own to make one complete piece for the tray. If anyone needs them just send me a pm. Just trying to pay it forward to save someone some time.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Like are the sides one piece with no seems? Either way, this is an awesome offer! Saves an absolute ton of time.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Mike W

Infidel
image.jpg You will still have to piece together the footholds. No way to do it in one piece. This is where you have to get creative. Not the best turf job I have ever done but I was able to do it in two pieces.

I did the sides of my tray with one piece. Have tom21 footholds. Definitely not impossible. And it was my first time turfing....came out quite nicely. Just take your time. I had 5-6 hours in my turf job.

Mike W

Infidel
I did the sides of my tray with one piece. Have tom21 footholds. Definitely not impossible. And it was my first time turfing....came out quite nicely. Just take your time. I had 5-6 hours in my turf job.

I am self taught so I would like to know how you turfed the footholds in one piece. Heating the turf can only go so far.

Last edited:

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
So are the side templates two pieces? Or one? I kinda am curious to see the templates.If it's one piece, that'd be even better.
You can probably make them work for all footholds & they might be useful as they are even if you choose to try to do it all in one piece. You just have to make sure you leave plenty of extra turf to extend into the footholds.

There you go. Done all in one piece. Some very mild wrinkles toward the back of the footholds but you don't feel them and I have never had anyone notice them either. Next time I think I'll be able to do it with no wrinkles.

Attachments

• 20130226_154616.jpg
    20130226_154616.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 132
  • 20130221_201848.jpg
    20130221_201848.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 122
  • 20130224_202821.jpg
    20130224_202821.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 121

Mike W

Infidel
So are the side templates two pieces? Or one? I kinda am curious to see the templates.If it's one piece, that'd be even better.
You can probably make them work for all footholds & they might be useful as they are even if you choose to try to do it all in one piece. You just have to make sure you leave plenty of extra turf to extend into the footholds.

They are one piece so you can leave extra for the foothold area.

Mike W

Infidel
There you go. Done all in one piece. Some very mild wrinkles toward the back of the footholds but you don't feel them and I have never had anyone notice them either. Next time I think I'll be able to do it with no wrinkles.

Ok. I see how you were able to do it in one piece. Nice job. I will have to try it that way next time.

How I turfed sides in one piece: as you can see in figure one that's how I cut out my turf. I cut the back edge at an angle. Then as I bent the back edge to a straight vertical angle (sketched in figure two) to match the edge of the tray it caused a bulge in the foothold area. Creating the "inner bulge" I needed to fit into the foothold. I left way too much turf around the foothold area then just trimmed it once I got the whole piece of turf stuck down. Hope that made sense.

Attachments

• 20140203_163828.jpg
    20140203_163828.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 123

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Are you just going to ship out copies of the templates? Or just pass the template you got around? Cuz I'm pretty sure I'd love one..

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
I got my copies today! They're going to be soooooo useful. Definitely is gonna save a lot of time, and make turfing a little more enjoyable :p

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom