=== So many Rideplates .....

iptamenos

Flipping Around !!!
So many Rideplates ????Why

I believe that some of them is the same ...

ex r&d-worx-riva-protec

i had talk with people about plates some of them told me that they have been injurid by them (like r&d,groovy,protec,worx )also when i use groovy or r&d for freestyle i have been injurid .

which is the suitable for Freestyle ????

every company or rider uses different freestyle plate..difficult to choose' so
i have an album of different plates in the market
and i present it to you

the choice is yours

i still thinking which i must buy ????

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

stanton

High on jetskis.
th_YASJCO699.jpg

or stock cut

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
You already got the answer to your question. Most of the plates you listed are NOT for freestyle. A d-cut plate is typical for freestyle.

Don 79 TA

Still Fat....
hate to say it, but it will be a little trial and error to see what YOU like and what you are comfortable with

the ripper ride plate IS awesome on her SXR
I personally like the jet dynamics ride plate on my SJ
but again it's all personal preference
just like prop pitches, grates, handlebars, grips, etc...

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
I have tried a few plates on other people's sj's. Personally, I am rather partial to my stocker.... I might d-cut it down the road when i have more power...

Waternut

Customizing addict
In all the ride plates I've tried, the best ones are the ones that I chopped flush with the hull and D cut. You'll notice a huge difference in ski controlability with the ride plate chopped. You'll also notice how much someone else's ski with a long ride plate feels like a brick and how unresponsive it is.

Waternut

Customizing addict
Cutting a straight line with a grinder is all fine and dandy but when you want to start cutting that curve, a grinder really sucks!! I've got a 7" angle grinder that makes fairly quick work of the straights but an air die grinder takes 10 years to make any progress and then you still have to smooth the jagged edges out. I haven't used a jigsaw so I can't speak for it but there has to be a better way than a grinder to cut a curve for the average guy.

X3- Yup this is the plate you want for freestyle/surf riding. ALL those other plates you posted are for race/carving. Save your self some $ and "d" cut your stock plate.

is a d cut plate gonna kill any high speed stability or carving though? i want to try a d cut but i enjoy WOT runs, carving and freestyle so id haste to cut my only plate (fx1)

Would it be safe to assume that the shallower you cut the D the more effective it will be for carving and stable for WOT runs?

I was thinking of cutting mine but I didnt want to go and chop it down so bad that Im riding with the nose high all the time.

Im 6'3" 210 so I want some more manuverability for tricks but dont want to give up complete stability

shock

Stupid Hurts
Would it be safe to assume that the shallower you cut the D the more effective it will be for carving and stable for WOT runs?

I was thinking of cutting mine but I didnt want to go and chop it down so bad that Im riding with the nose high all the time.

Im 6'3" 210 so I want some more manuverability for tricks but dont want to give up complete stability

same thing for me i don't wanna a d-cut and give up the complete stability so i cutted the plate to make it shorter and it's worked fine for me "mine is 2009 (long plate) "

Top Bottom