so my 750sx decided to leave me in the middle of the lake and go on a journey

SNOWMAN

HE HATE ME
so i go out riding and its real nice out..the water looks all grren and stuff and so i fall off, i didnt really try to stay on and stress my pole out ....well im used to my 650sx cutting a rail and coming right back to me. so l look and i see the piece of sht just cruising out into the middle of the lake in a straight line. there is no way i can catch it. as some point i lost sight of it and then caught a glimmer of it doing lazy circles about 200 yrds away....moral of strory drop your idle. right? or will a return spring solve my problem????
lulz

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
yeah i ggogled that. this model doesnt come with one. so have to buy a plate from an sxi
so send me your plate brotha?

I don't have the SXIPro anymore. I'm on a RN SJ now. But I had almost the same thing happen to me on my Kawi when I forst got it. I was sick of the lanyard deal so I just wrapped it around the bars. First couple wipe outs it circled back to me. Then on one nice wipe out the pole came down weird and the ski just start making increasingly HUGE circles. Amd with a vest, wetsuit and boots on there was no way I could catch it. So I just floated there watching it, until it finally crashed into an island. Luckily nothing was hurt but my pride.

From then on I wore my lanyard and never let go when I wiped out. But, yeah, you could just jack your idle speed down a bit so it croaks if you wipe out.

SNOWMAN

HE HATE ME
yeah since then i havent let go. but that wont last for long. if you see a green ski comin your way look out.
i guess ill order somethin, dont want to see that sht again

DannyF

something like that happened to my cousin except he broke his pole and the pole pulling back opened up the ski to full throttle. O.O he fell off and the ski made a circle around him at full throttle and went straight up some guys yard who lives on the lake. Luckily the kid who lives there ran out of the house and turned off the ski

Layne

Addicted.
Definitely get some kind of lanyard setup.

Had that problem once with a 750. Luckily there was someone else riding with me and was able to give chase.

having an idle speed that won't run without applying throttle sounds pretty smart though. some people prefer to have their lanyard attach to their life vests. I've had the stock wrist strap slip off once

SNOWMAN

HE HATE ME
thankz guys yeah i guess the faceplate is my best option. i had to chase a guy down on shore and have him take me out to the middle of the lake...the ski had been doin circles for like 10-12 min. ( full tank) the ski had about 4 gallons of water in it and was goin to sink. i jumped off the bass boat into the water and the ski died. i had to drag the ski home as i held on to th side of the boat...the ski tow loop warpped around my elbow. it sucked.

balsam lake glass cutter

previously "750sxi"
had a similar thing happen years ago on my js440. big white caps on the lake, fell off, ski slowed and started its turn then the waves smacked it around so it started its turn the other direction. so its doing half circles across the lake. Luckily i was able to swim and catch it. I like the lanyard, and holding on, problem with holding on is you loose your shorts.

I set my idle low enough so it dies after a few seconds of no throttle. I've never been confident in the "circle back to me" feature.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
The problem with relying on a low idle speed as suggested here is this: if you have some other problem, I.e. the throttle return spring breaks, the pole breaks and pulls the cable wide open, you're boned. I have had both of those happen to me before. This past winter I had the throttle cable freeze wide open AND the lanyard post froze in the up position :shocked:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
The problem with relying on a low idle speed as suggested here is this: if you have some other problem, I.e. the throttle return spring breaks, the pole breaks and pulls the cable wide open, you're boned. I have had both of those happen to me before. This past winter I had the throttle cable freeze wide open AND the lanyard post froze in the up position :shocked:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

HAHA.... But Matt, you have to remember we ride when its too cold for anyone else to at that time of year.. haha

Get ahold of John_Zigler I think he has the faceplates to be able to use a lanyard.. I changed mine out right away just because of that worry.. I don't trust my skis to come back to me.. I had one on my old 440 too...

Top Bottom