Other So why is it...

That everyone is telling me not to fit straps to my ski?

FOOTHOLDS FOOTHOLDS FOOTHOLDS! is all I am getting from the riders in my counrty (that is the UK by the way).

I have been told horror stories of riders that have broken their ankle by not being able to get out of straps.
Yet, I have found on this forum that you guys recommend using straps, sometimes instead of footholds!

I am no freestyler, infact I am a novice, but I do intend to get out on the sea and hopefully do some jumping around.
I do want to freestyle when I get to grips with my ski but I know that I am no where near that stage at this point in my skiing career.

So Guys... What do you recommend and why? One strap? Two Straps? No straps? Lifters? Or, Footholds?

Regards and Respect to all, Kelvin

Last edited:
i would go for Footholds ( fitt and comfortable size of my boots )

i do not recommend foot straps due to many ankel damages ,stucking and so hard to eject when need to ..
on the other side , foot straps may be damaged by time and need to be re attached .

wydopen

onthepipe

if they let you race with them they would work great..get way less tired and have WAY more control...

dont let the people telling you that you will get stuck in straps scare you away from them..they are very easy to get out of once you are used to them..

so basically for just ripping around and jumping some waves and doing a little surfriding two straps is what id recommend..

Last edited:
I think there are rules against using them while racing...

if they let you race with them they would work great..get way less tired and have WAY more control...

dont let the people telling you that you will get stuck in straps scare you away from them..they are very easy to get out of once you are used to them..

so basically for just ripping around and jumping some waves and doing a little surfriding two straps is what id recommend..

brett

-------------
straps. i dont know anyone who has hurt their ankle with them yet......and gettin stuck in a set of footholds doesnt look too great either (pancake pic from dtb)

straps. i dont know anyone who has hurt their ankle with them yet......and gettin stuck in a set of footholds doesnt look too great either (pancake pic from dtb)

good point. I have been stuck in holds a few times on flips.... conversely, it does not hurt. I can see straps doing more damage since we are turned to the side...

Waternut

Customizing addict
The biggest thing that footholds have over straps is the wider stance. Unless you hack up the tray and do a custom job, you can't get the straps are far apart as footholds.

This is exactly what I intend for my new build... Wouldyou say to place both at the back or would it be best to place them elsewhere?

Waternut

Customizing addict
This is exactly what I intend for my new build... Wouldyou say to place both at the back or would it be best to place them elsewhere?

Well that is one amazingly nice things about straps...You can guess where you want them and if you want to move them, it's not that hard. Cut a new hole with inserts and turf over the old one.

I really want to move my footholds up some but I'm reluctant purely because it's such a hassle and you basically have to redo everything.

staggered, just go ride and look where you put your feet and go from there...

I run a rear strap and a front foothold... look at my tray and you can see where they are

Attachments

• DSC_0036.jpg
    DSC_0036.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 79
P

PancakePete

The Best Way Is To Have Your Ski Set Up With Both Footholds And Foot Straps.

I agree 100%, Most of the time in the straps !
some barrels and varations in footholds.
but if I ride flat, or small surf the holds help on aerials.

regular riding around, i get all squirly if not in straps now.

http://www.x-h2o.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=59235&d=1215049584

Thanks Nick, alex and Wydopen for the strap push !
My surf riding went from bla to whhhaaahoooo !

Speleopower

got a Superjet
I used Blowsion Klowner footwells and straps. The Klowners have the front part extend part way to the front of the tray giving you the ability to have a wider stance. I wish I had redone the Klowners to make the extend all the way to the frontof the tray.

Scott

P

PancakePete

pete,whats your impression of the new high roller hold vs the old one

My hold is one I designed with 24/7.
If you want one, please come to ME !

I love it, because you can move your foot on many angles.

Top Bottom