SXR Sold my 750sx and picked up an 06 sxr, input?

Just sold my 750 and bought an 06 sxr for 3500, ski is really clean except for a few shallow gouges and chips on the bottom but that can be easily fixed, anybody have any helpful advice or input on the sxr? Things to look out for? Hows the engines on these things, i think im sitting somewhere around 150-160psi in each cyl. I just want to make sure i have a reliable ski, the only thing i noticed is the stock impeller is a little banged up, nothing bad but does anyone have a stock one that they would be willing to part with??

Pretty major power increase from a 750 to an sxr. Handles way better as well, takes alittle getting used to, but once you do you'll love it . I believe they came new with 160psi so sounds like you have a good motor. Might as well upgrade to a. 10/16 hooker prop or equivalent if your gonna replace the impeller anyways. It will give you a little more bottom without hurting your top end much.

john zigler

Vendor Account
Is it totally stock?

I would change impeller, intake grate, add timing, flame arrestors, primer kit, re-jet carbs, exhaust stinger reducer, etc. These simple add on's will wake it up, and yet be very reliable.

Other "comfort" mods, like handle bars, throttle, pole spring tensioner, etc.

"IF" you just rec-ride, and do not carve buoys, you may want to pick up another stock ride plate, and d-cut it 6 inches. This really make the ski feel much lighter, more like a 750, but it will not carve well now.

I have all in stock, and can help if needed.

Thanks guys, makes me feel alittle better, im gunna get it in the water this spring and ill go from there, i really want an rrp pole but i gotta get some substantial funds together for that lol and i cant seem to get the motor to idle constantly on the hose, it doesnt die or anything but it will idle somewhat high and then drop alittle, i dont think its the crank seals cus if i rev it it comes right back down, im thinking its probably just time for a carb cleaning???

While it's running turn the chock on about an 1/8 to a 1/4, this will create a rich condition. If it improves you know you need to open up the low speed screws alittle. If it gets worse than you need to lean it out(close the low end screw), but be careful doing this, too lean can be very bad...

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Impeller: Keep the stocker (for now), its a great Solas Swirl impeller. You can swap it out for a refurbished one from SBT for REALLY cheap.
Handlepole: Your gonna break it, but I wouldn't go with an RRP, (too heavy for an already heavy ski). I'd go Xmetal w/Superjet steering.

Are you going to race...if not and want to jump.

Best bang for the buck: Mill the head, lighten the flywheel, bore then nozzle. (hit up #zero on here). All three of these together is WAY cheaper than a new impeller and will make a bigger difference in low end.

I'd cut the rideplate flush with the hull (to bring the nose up for jumping).
Have fun! It will be WAY faster than your 750, especially on the low end...much better porting on a SXR.

Top Bottom